2010 G&L Rampage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 G&L Rampage

Had this one for a while and never posted pics.
    Its a fantastic guitar and plays like a dream.
    The Kahler Hybrid is an awesome trem.
    13 degree ebony fingerboard kicks ass and the Duncan JB is perfect in the soft maple body.
    The JB is smooth as silk because they used a treble bleed "A" frame on the volume pot.Roll the volume down and its still clear and articulate.
    Very comfy to play as well.
    This one is made in China but damn its a rocker.Very well made,fit,finish,fretwork are stellar.
    I'm no Jerry Cantrell fan boy but this guitar is bad ass in every respect form and function no frills guitar.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    I'm no Jerry Cantrell fan boy but this guitar is bad ass in every respect form and function no frills guitar.
    Jerry Cantrell fanboy checking in! That's badass. I love that they are still out flying the Kahler flag. There aren't many models left like that to choose from.

Comment

Jerry is a monster player and I respect him and all he has done.AIC's as a band never did much for me as grunge wasn't "my thing".
      I love the flatmount Kahlers from the 80's and this one is just as good IMO.
      AFAIK black isn't offered anymore so glad I have one.
      I have seen a few marked made in Indonesia so I can't speak for the quality on those.
      I will keep looking for an ivory one in the future I like these guitars that much!
      If a USA Rampage pops up I will deff consider snagging it.
      The only drawback is the barrel jack but those are easy to replace when they go south.
      Last edited by straycat; 04-13-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I used a 73XX (Hybrid) on a project many years ago, and it's a well-made bridge. When I asked Kahler about the differences between the Hybrids and the 23XX/33XX, they said "none". So, I went with the less-expensive Hybrid. But after some post-purchase deeper digging I determined the Hybrids are stamped while the 23XX/33XX models are milled. It's a minor difference, but there are differences. "None" doesn't quite capture it. Now this was like 10 years ago. At the time, they were all Made in USA. It's held up well, it's a good bridge.

Comment

Not sure which hybrid is on this one some places say 4300X some say 7300 so IDK.
          Odd that mine is recessed a bit so not sure if it has the locking option.

Comment

Nice one! I've always thought the Rampage looked cool. Not a Kahler fan, but I do like that guitar.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a pair of these and a "real deal" one from '83-'84 I think. I like the import!!

Comment

Its a great guitar nothing cheap or cheezy about how it plays and sounds.
                Thru my 85 JCM 800 and 1960a 800 cab it sounds killer.
                The way the amp responds to this guitar is amazing, the low end growl surprised me.Power chords sound immense.
                I got it cheap and was going to swap a guy back for my old 86 model 2 Charvel but I just can't do it.

Comment

Working...
                X