No announcement yet.

Drunken Credit Card China shopping.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken Credit Card China shopping.....

So I did something I NEVER thought I'd do......but a bottle of TyKu Black Sake makes a person do many things they never would.
    :think:

I bought a Ch-ibson Les Paul Custom and a Ch-ackson custom Kelly......

At first I thought....what did I do!?! but then looked at my total of just under $500 for both (case included for the LP) and I made crazy requests on the Kelly.....and they actually did what I asked......

I did not however ask what would be on the headstocks.......(I laughed.....you'll see, and no I am not going to sell them. I know they're fake, everyone else will too)

I got a pretty normal looking LP Custom copy in purple flame with gold hardware and an ebony board upgrade.

The Kelly I requested be "King Kelly" sized bound flattop red trans flame with 27 frets an unmarked ebony board, stop tail and a satin finished neck with a weird control layout and a kill switch. They did all that with no upcharge.

The order was placed 2/28 and I got both guitars last week while I was in Vegas about 6 weeks from order/build/ship to my door. Aside from the pickups sucking, they are both pretty damn good players that look the part with surprisingly nice fretwork. We'll see how they hold up.

The Kelly HS is a little larger than a real one and the LP shape is a hair off, but both will be great knock around players..........

Getting ready to leave work.....I'll post pics as soon as I get home.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

They really did 27 frets.

....and yes, it does say "made in USA custom shop" but that Headstock obviously isn't...

I do like both though.....
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

They look pretty cool. And that Kelly looks HUGE.

Comment

That's cool.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Interesting. The Kelly looks weird with the pups so close together, but otherwise it's cool. I really dig the purple LP, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Kelly is pretty big. I had an old case and it does not even come close to fitting. But since I'm 6'5" the Kelly always looked a little small on me, this one is more proportionate.

I like how they set it up for the extra frets, I never had such good access to the 24th fret before....lol The Kelly is a strange one overall and I think that's what I like most about it.

The Les Paul is surprisingly heavy. Heavier than my soloist.

Make no bones about it though, these are no comparison to any of my USA's.

Comment

Oh, and 1 other interesting thing, the Kelly does not neck dive at all.....

Comment

holy shit, man. Those are pretty badass Love the specs on the Kelly.

This makes me feel a lot better about last night's 2am purchase - I'm now apparently awaiting 2 watches from the US. Seemed like a great idea at the time.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice! Great players for a great price? WIN!

Comment

The Les Paul looks awesome! What site did you order them from??

Comment

That Kelly looks sick man!

Comment

Congrats! They look pretty awesome.
                        I just bought a Chinese Concorde, gutted it and replaced every piece of electronics and hardware on it.
                        I probably won't ever buy another Chinese guitar but it was a cool project and it turned out to be a pretty nice guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
                          Congrats! They look pretty awesome.
                          I just bought a Chinese Concorde, gutted it and replaced every piece of electronics and hardware on it.
                          I probably won't ever buy another Chinese guitar but it was a cool project and it turned out to be a pretty nice guitar.
                          Are you Dino on MLP?

That Kelly does look awesome...
                          I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

LOL...drunk China shopping

Not bad for the money. Too bad they can build a LP that is shaped like an LP
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Both look pretty decent for the price. Looks like there's room for a 28th fret on the Kelly. As far as the LP, I'd love a silverburst with a natural colored mahogany back/neck.
                              Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Working...
                              X