X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
    I read one of the articles.
    They had Martin's worth $54,000.

Even if its only one, it still brings the average bit.

And I believe the dollar figures are the prices of the real items, not the selling price of the fakes.
    So, an Ibanez Jem that sells for a couple grand, but the fake gets sold for $100. That's a $3000 seizure, not a $100 seizure. Or the real item MSRP is $3k, but real world sales would be $2k. It still gets listed as a $3k

Only it's a clone of a $54k Martin and there's no way someone with $54k running a hole in their pocket is NOT gonna know that the guitar is not legit.

I get get that the media needs to ramp up the numbers. No one cares that they busted $60k in counterfeits. That's not exciting enough! But for real, it's not a million dollar bust. Not even close.

Honestly, if I were gonna get one done, I'd not have a brand name put on it.
    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by artonsafari View Post
      Honestly, if I were gonna get one done, I'd not have a brand name put on it.
      In hindsight, I wish I hadn't.
      But it's nothing that can't be changed.
      I'm seriously considering removing the logo and refinishing my headstock.
      With the time and money I've put into it, the guitar has turned out to be pretty nice.
      I think it's a shame a lot of people will overlook that once they know it's origin.

Comment

Yeah, change them name from Jackson to Danielson. lol
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Like I said before, I never asked what would be on the headstock, and the pics do not show headstock logos on the website. Only one of my 2 actually went thru customs and it was the Chibson. I got a bill for $30 in customs fees that the guy at the post office just tore up and said they never collect unless the fee is over $50. It WAS opened at customs, not x-rayed and they still sent it thru to me as ok. I'd gladly put my name on both headstocks...lol

If they're going on a old style witch hunt for these it will not be cost effective because they'd also have to round up all the fake Coach bags, Rolex Watches, Sports Jerseys and on and on and so fourth........

Possible, but really....not gonna happen.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            Other than then how quickly the government got names and mailed letters:
            I find it easy to believe. Especially if the companies (builder, packers, boat shipping, truck shipping, home delivery, credit card) kept records. Whether the records were seized or turned over voluntarily.
            I spoke to someone here at work about this today and they also find this to be highly unlikely. Considerring the production and sales are done in China there is no jurisdiction for any records to be seized and I certainly certainly wouldn't think they'd hand them over voluntarily especially since they're already out the money for the "1 million dollars" (which probably equates to about a total $60,000 on an expensive average of about $300 per guitar) worth of guitars they won't get paid for or reimbursed for shipping charges since purchases are in escrow until the buyer confirms good delivery.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
            X