Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - CL Score

NGD!!! Washburn N4 Davies from 91'

I was cursing Craigslist over the weekend and saw an ad for a Washburn N4 near my house. Anyway, the ad was not getting a lot of views, so I through out a low ball offer. Heard nothing for a few days and them I got an email accepting my offer. When I went today to check out the guitar I was able to get it for under $800 as the previous owner added an extra tone knob. He added a Fender TBX Tone Control and while I hate that he altered a classic, I think it enhanced the tone of the L500LX pick up. I have never liked the L500 but it sounds great in this guitar. Anyway, I think I scored. From everything I can see, I think it is a Davies model from early 91'. I plugged it into my EVH 5150 III head when I got home and this rips
    Barrel Jack, 91 Serial Number, Kalher Trem (which is awesome!), Sloping Neck Cut Away, etc.) The neck is a little wider and flatter than than I am used to but no biggie.

Here are some photos; Have not even changed the strings yet! Can't wait to clean her up and learns some Nuno licks

Last edited by Radiohead; 05-07-2014, 09:01 PM.

Oh cool!
    Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

awesome. Congrats.

I know it's not a patch on your N4, but coincidentally I restrung my N2 on the weekend and have been jamming out on it the last few nights. Forgot all about trying to learn Nuno licks a long time ago though
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice. Never saw a Kahler FR style like that and had to look it up.. Is it a 2670 Steeler??
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Nice score! Always liked those.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
            Nice. Never saw a Kahler FR style like that and had to look it up.. Is it a 2670 Steeler??
            Yep. Carvin also used those from '91 to '94.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice. I have always liked those too, but never tried one out. I always thought I would like them though. Hmmm... Damn gas! Anyway, enjoy the new guitar!
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Got lot's of love for Nuno. Great score.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. I spent a few hours cleaning her up and am looking forward to the weekend to get in some playing time. I re-oiled the neck and body and oiled all the moving parts as everything was all dried up.

I think the bridge is a Kalher Steeler. From what I have read, Floyd licenced the design to Kalher, who was manufacturing the Steeler until the early 90's. It is super solid and easily as well built as an original Floyd. The base plate is rounded to match the neck radius at the heel. All the saddles are the same height with the radius on the base plate. Interesting.

The bar is actually a little thicker and longer than an Original Floyd as well. It just feels really solid and controlled. Very stable. Great bridge. Too bad they stopped making them.
                  Last edited by Radiohead; 05-09-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Nice grab...those are great playing guitars

Comment

Working...
                    X