Schoepfer Nightswan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoepfer Nightswan

I've wanted a Nightswan for ages and when this one became available I was able to make a trade plus cash deal for it. For those who don't know, Rod Schoepfer built (or rather, probably more accurately assembled) guitars for Richie Sambora among other people. My understanding is that he would take Kramer parts and modify them if necessary to get them to Richie's specs, I guess because Kramer didn't have a custom shop as such. Here's a link to a couple, and there are more references to the guy on the following pages: http://www.rockstarsguitars.com/cate...ichie-sambora/

He also built / assembled guitars with his own logo on the headstock, and this is one of them. I'm no expert, but it's basically Kramer parts, right down to the neck plate. I have no idea how old it is, but I believe Rod died in the early 90's so the guitar is 20 years plus. It's in great shape, but it's not a showroom guitar by any means. It had creme pickup rings when I received it but those got swapped out straight away. Otherwise, I gave it a good polish with scratch remover, oiled the board, cleaned the Floyd with WD40 and it was ready to go...

Last edited by neilli; 05-10-2014, 02:41 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

That one is outstanding. Got a swan myself, love it, cool guitars. The Schoepfer stories I've heard before. Pretty special axe.

How you doing with the r1 nut? Gets a little cramped sometimes but I would never change mine. Unique feeling guitar.

Comment

Thats incredibly cool
      Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Very nice. ESP was providing Kramer with their parts way back when, right? Congrats!

Comment

Nice guitar. The website has a lot of cool guitars but many I looked at sad they were sold.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
            ESP was providing Kramer with their parts way back when, right?
            Yeah, that's my understanding. I don't know if they supplied everything, or just necks or what though..

Comment

Very cool pick up.

Had never heard the Schoepfer info, interesting stuff.

Comment

Nice one! Congrats.

Comment

always liked those, and thats a killer finish. short scale?

Comment

Awesome looking guitar. Is it the same scale as the Kramer? 24 3/4 inch? Can you list the specs?

Comment

Wow. Great story. I'm not a fan of the pokadots but...its a great guitar regardless of the paint scheme.....pickup config is kind of unique as well.....
                      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Yeah, it's a short scale. Specs are mahogany body, 3 piece maple neck, ebony board, R1 nut, full shred and pearly gates, OFR.

Comment

Very cool. Always loved how those looked. The polka dot graphic with those inlays is too cool. Congrats.

Comment

For anyone interested in a little nightswan history....

http://www.vintagekramer.com/night.htm

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
                              X