GMW kelly for Michael Sweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW kelly for Michael Sweet

Thought you guys would like to see some pics of the new GMW Kelly that was made for Michael Sweet. It was released last week on the GMW forum and Michael has already posted up some pics on FB and Instagram. This is a full-sized body similar to his Kelly from the 80s. Dan and Glenn painted the graphic but reversed the black and yellow from the original one. Michael will be playing this one on Stryper's No More Hell To Pay tour this summer. Check it out!

thats how far a knob should be from a bridge. nice guitar.

Comment

very cool!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
        thats how far a knob should be from a bridge. nice guitar.
        Yes, and it's a full 24 frets, not 23!...What?, too soon?
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That Sweet is sweet!

Comment

love the layout, not 100% on that graphic...

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
              love the layout, not 100% on that graphic...
              +1. Would like to see it all black with yellow bevels, binding, & inlays. And maybe one of those triangle thingies on the upper bout or behind the bridge.

Comment

I can't visit GMW's site any longer. I click on the link and my avast security goes off, saying a threat has been detected.:think:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

One of the nicer looking reverse headstocks out there for sure....as for the graphic - I'd take it .

Mark
                  "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Thats killer...

Comment

That's cool John but just does not seem right without a Jackson head stock

Comment

Just curious.. How is GMW legally allowed to build Jackson shape guitars?

Not a fan of that HS but other than that, it's a pretty cool guitar!
                        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
                          One of the nicer looking reverse headstocks out there for sure....as for the graphic - I'd take it .

Mark
                          It does look better reversed than not, but it still just doesn't work for me. I think the graphic is kinda cool, though.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                            Just curious.. How is GMW legally allowed to build Jackson shape guitars?

Not a fan of that HS but other than that, it's a pretty cool guitar!
                            I highly doubt the Kelly body shape is trademarked, but I could be wrong. The headstock is totally different than a Jackson headstock. Plus, GMW is a low volume builder.

Comment

Isn't the laws now geared towards actual names on the headstock instead of body shapes? Not saying this is so, just what I've heard.
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X