No announcement yet.

Carvin DC 400 WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell yeah. nech thru for 300 bucks is great. carvin neck thru for 300 bucks...awesome. great find, congrats.

Comment

That's a steal. Unfortunately.. there are no ignorant pawn shops anywhere in my area. They all know exactly what the top dollar online is for every piece of musical gear in their stores. Ugh......

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Nice! Going by that headstock, that's probably a '91. How well does it stay in tune with the cheaper Wilkinson? Most people on their forum don't seem to like those and upgrade to a better version.
        Toejam - can you confirm that all current generation Carvins have the cheap Koream Wilkinson them ?

Mine is a tuning nightmare.

If they can offer the German Floyd Rose - why can't they offer a better / Gotoh Wilkinson !?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
          Toejam - can you confirm that all current generation Carvins have the cheap Koream Wilkinson them ?
          I asked that question and a Carvin salesman assured me via e-mail that all their six-string Floyds are German, while the 7-string ones are Korean.

EDIT: Duh. I think I actually answered the wrong question.
          Last edited by PowerTube; 03-12-2015, 09:29 PM.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post

Mine is a tuning nightmare.

If they can offer the German Floyd Rose - why can't they offer a better / Gotoh Wilkinson !?!?!
            When Carvin first started using the Wilkinson, from what I remember reading, it was the better model. Some time along the way they stopped and went with the cheaper version.
            From what I've read on the forum, they are a direct swap that some people make. Some don't seem to have a problem with the cheapy, but others do.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a Carvin with a Kahler, awesome guitar through and through.

Comment

Update. I have since upgraded to the better Wilkinson trem, from guitarfetish for 59.00. Works great.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Good guitars, had one made in 89 for me. All Maple, neck thru, ebony, tung oil finish, Floyd. Strat style body.

Most lifeless guitar I ever heard or owned. Looked great. Sounded meh. I would love to get an 80's DC again though.
                  Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Control layout from a nuclear power plant?

Nice piece of wood!
                    2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
                    Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
                    Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
                    Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                      Update. I have since upgraded to the better Wilkinson trem, from guitarfetish for 59.00. Works great.
                      That's great!

Comment

Originally posted by gnarzan View Post
                        Control layout from a nuclear power plant?
                        It's master volume and tone for the pickups in regular passive mode, two coil split switches, phase switch. I believe when the volume knob is pulled up, then it turns on the active electronics for the bass and treble controls (cut/boost for each.) It's been a long time since I've owned a DC400.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          It's master volume and tone for the pickups in regular passive mode, two coil split switches, phase switch. I believe when the volume knob is pulled up, then it turns on the active electronics for the bass and treble controls (cut/boost for each.) It's been a long time since I've owned a DC400.
                          Versatile
                          2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
                          Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
                          Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
                          Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

One knob is a pickup blend pot, pretty cool.
                            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Ah, then you've got an older model before they got rid of the pickup blend. Nice.

Comment

buddy of mine in San Francisco in the 90's had that exact same guitar, I played it at his apartment a couple times.

I think the FB is ebony.

a steal at 3 bills.
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X