Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living under rocks - EVH striped imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living under rocks - EVH striped imports?

Ran across one of these in a random Ebay search; EVH Striped Series imports. I knew about the USA models, and the ones he played live and sold for $$$$, but when did these imports come out? I'm finding posts back to 2013 on the Duncan forum, but have never really followed the EVH stuff.

Eyeing the Star, especially.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I haven't heard of any Charvel EVH imports but the "Evh" striped series has been out for a wile.

Comment

The Star looks cool as heck, but please ditch that headstock. Ugh, ugly as all f**k. Authenticity be damned in this case.

Comment

the star just came out last Winter NAMM I think. the others a few years ago. They are made in Mexico right next to the charvel pro mods.

Comment

I've got a red stripey one. It's red. and stripey. They do a White/black one, a black/yellow one, the red/white/black one, and a white one with black circles.
          My only issue with it (mostly cosmetic) is that it's built for a floaty trem, but has a d-tuna. So setting it up for down bending only leaves it sitting at a somewhat dramatic back angle.
          I'm sure if you were willing to get your hands dirty you could shim the neck or what have you. Or ditch the d-tuna and just float it...
          I do fancy the star, except for that hideous headstock...

Comment

Yeah, I've got a RWB too. Great bang for the buck. And I actually did set mine up to float for a while. Works either way, but I switched it back - felt to me like the better solution for this particular guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
              I haven't heard of any Charvel EVH imports but the "Evh" striped series has been out for a wile.
              Which is why this is in the Other Manufacturers section. I didn't think they were Charvel EVH models, though I had a feeling they were made by FMIC laborers.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Banjowarrior View Post
                My only issue with it (mostly cosmetic) is that it's built for a floaty trem, but has a d-tuna. So setting it up for down bending only leaves it sitting at a somewhat dramatic back angle.
                I'm sure if you were willing to get your hands dirty you could shim the neck or what have you. Or ditch the d-tuna and just float it...
                Just drop the Floyd onto the body and shim the saddles up. I did that to an old Charvel Star I had.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Just drop the Floyd onto the body and shim the saddles up. I did that to an old Charvel Star I had.
                  That would require me to stop looking at it and going 'tee hee hee hee hee! stripey!'

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Shim the neck, less hassle
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

It's made in Mehico; break out the router and chew out a recess for the Floyd.

Comment

I quite like the top mounted aesthetic...
                          If I set it up to float it would be ideal with a decent amount of pullup.

Comment

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer: bought the Star.

Within seconds of sending the PayPal, I saw one for $100 cheaper. Fuckers.

Ah well.

Comment

Working...
                            X