NGD: 2009 ESP KH-2 Ouija Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 2009 ESP KH-2 Ouija Black

Just arrived from Japan. Dead mint. #44 of 50 worldwide.

And for a bit of a yin yang effect...

Very nice! Was always a bit disappointed that the first run of those were bolt-ons..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Love it! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        Very nice! Was always a bit disappointed that the first run of those were bolt-ons..
        They did make a few neck thrus. Supposedly there were 5 sold in Japan. I custom ordered one neck thru when I lived in Chicago in 95 but they screwed up the inlays. Aside from that it was great...and neck thru.

Comment

YOU SUCK....... LOL. Congrats man, I've always wanted to have a White one made without the Black binding but I've just never been able to justify the price to myself.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Well you could get a white guitar and then apply your own decals. Some guy on the ESP board just got a Bride of Frankenstein custom painted. Looks pretty sick: http://www.espguitars.com/forums/196...f-frankenstein

Comment

Sweet!
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy B View Post
                Well you could get a white guitar and then apply your own decals. Some guy on the ESP board just got a Bride of Frankenstein custom painted. Looks pretty sick: http://www.espguitars.com/forums/196...f-frankenstein
                I thought about that. At this point though I still have 2 Jacksons I'm redoing.
                My Toys:
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                '94 Dinky HX in Black
                '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Just arrived from Japan. Dead mint. #44 of 50 worldwide.

And for a bit of a yin yang effect...
                  two gorgeous ESPs you got there!!!
                  Last edited by MuttznMongrelz; 10-05-2015, 01:14 PM.
                  MuttznMongrelz
                  Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

1988 Jackson Soloist Custom "Glow In The Dark Lava"
                  2006 Jackson Soloist Custom "Red Snakeskin"
                  2013 USACG Iceman Custom
                  1992 Peavey 5150 Signature Combo

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Just got the black one back from being set up by my tech. He commented he could not find any flaws. I think they give extra attention to the ones to be sold on the Japanese market. The Japanese are very detail oriented.

Comment

Awesome. I'd love the KH-3 personally. Need one of those bad
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

sweet

Comment

Thanks. Just got the black one back from being set up by my tech. He commented he could not find any flaws. I think they give extra attention to the ones to be sold on the Japanese market. The Japanese are very detail oriented.
                          Absolutely they do. ESP Customs for the US Market are almost Jackson Custom Select check the boxes of the features you want where the Japanese custom shop form has specs for everything that you actually are required to spec out. The US form is certainly dumbed down to make ordering easy and a lot of features and options aren't available.

Comment

I have a KH-4 on order but next year hope to get the KH-3 and that will be the last of my Hammetts unless they decide to one day release the Classic Monsters. Anyway, my plan is to order the KH-3 overseas so I can get the proper cutaway and Melody Maker headstock. The neck thru one I had back in the mid-90s had the bump headstock (but proper cutawa). They also F'ed up the switch and put it up top like on a Les Paul. Les QC for US bound models suspected.

Comment

I'm not sure about how they've consolidated custom shops. The US Customs used to come from the same plant where they were making the MIJ SS's, if I remember correctly, and the other various shops made artist and non-us market orders. I'm not sure how that works now. Average price for a ESP CS order has gone from around $5k to about $8k after their brand reorganization.

I wish I could order a LACS Ibanez. Dunno why I just thought that. But it would be neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X