Bc Rich -- identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
    Since the component that is considered the neck runs the entire length and depth of the body, No
    But it's funny that contrary to your opinion of a neck thru you do know what defines a multi-piece neck
    why aren't you calling it a single piece neck?
    Yeah fair enough, I just don't see how it could not be considered neck thru given that the neck is laminated and does extend all the way through the body, just in a different plane to a 3-piece

Not for everyone I guess, but as to inferior/superior, to me they are just different

Comment

BCR recently made a Warlock that looked neck thru with the neck thru heel carve they typically do but it was actually a set neck sculpted to look like a neck thru. It was all black, and GC and MF sold them. I bought one but got rid of it. Not bad, but was neck heavy. I don't know if they built others with a set neck like this. But all the specs were clear that it was set neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
        BCR recently made a Warlock that looked neck thru with the neck thru heel carve they typically do but it was actually a set neck sculpted to look like a neck thru.
        The one I was looking at was a trans finish. So if you follow the grain, it really looked like it was neck thru. And face it, it is a NJ Neck-Thru Series.
        Which is far different than my Charvel which was a set neck with smooth heal, but you can see the different grains through the trans finish, or my Schecter which is set thru with smooth heal and is completely painted.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
          Yeah fair enough, I just don't see how it could not be considered neck thru given that the neck is laminated and does extend all the way through the body, just in a different plane to a 3-piece

Not for everyone I guess, but as to inferior/superior, to me they are just different
          Well the thing still remains, that in Jackson construction the body has more impact to the tone since it is more than just 2 pieces of wings glued on, with Jacksons, a 1-piece body is possible
          and in a 'true' neckthrough, once it's been routed for a trem, there's not much left of the neck beyond the neck p'up anyway

So yeah different
          The construction of Jackson is neckthrough, no doubt about that, but as finished product it ends up a set neck hybrid
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
          X