Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Musical Instruments - Who Do They Build For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah now that I am aware of their build quality I am all over them. Really every piece was rock solid. They are not the elite but Jesus for the money they are insanely good. Gibson doesn't put out that much quality control in their product.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Dude, my BCR has ebony board and the binding is better than Jackson. I paid $670 shipped for an elite quality guitar. Every bit as good as any USA Select, and in a few ways a little bit nicer.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
        Never. All the Korean Ibanez guitars(very mediocre) were made by Samick.
        Ok, thanks.
        It's just that a friend of mine has some kind of set-neck gussied-up 'S' series, with pearly inlays and a flame top. It's bloody lovely and feels really solid. The back of the headstock reads "Made In Korea" and the serial no. has a W prefix. I was wondering if that signified it was a WMI one!

Comment

My NJ Deluxe Warlock is flawless, the only thing that makes you realize it's not top of the line is the spotted ebony fretboard that has been dyed black, and the Floyd
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
            Ok, thanks.
            It's just that a friend of mine has some kind of set-neck gussied-up 'S' series, with pearly inlays and a flame top. It's bloody lovely and feels really solid. The back of the headstock reads "Made In Korea" and the serial no. has a W prefix. I was wondering if that signified it was a WMI one!
            Would love to see a picture of the back of that headstock.

I was so WRONG in what I wrote. It's not Samick, it's Cort that made the Korean Ibanez guitars. Every one I've seen has a serial number like this:

Last edited by lepard; 12-05-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I scored a Schecter Blackjack off of ebay a few years ago made by WMI and I am still blown-away by that guitar, especially considering what I paid for it.

Comment

Are the BC Rich Villians made @ World?

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                  Are the BC Rich Villians made @ World?
                  Good chance the Veil and Deluxe are

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

WWI makes great guitars.
                    I have had 6 new PRS SE's and every one was perfect right out of the box.
                    Had 2 I bought used and just needed a set up and thats it.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think the Chapman guitars are WMI as well.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The KH-602's were world right? I just snagged one for 250.00 locally I am picking up today not sure if it is the ofr or the Rose 1000 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                          The KH-602's were world right? I just snagged one for 250.00 locally I am picking up today not sure if it is the ofr or the Rose 1000 though.
                          The LTD's you have to watch out for. A lot of their guitars WERE made by WMI Korea and were then moved to Indonesia and China. Actually, most all of them are really horribly Made in China guitars now. Just look at the back of the headstock for the serial number and "Made in XXXXX" logo.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                            The LTD's you have to watch out for. A lot of their guitars WERE made by WMI Korea and were then moved to Indonesia and China. Actually, most all of them are really horribly Made in China guitars now. Just look at the back of the headstock for the serial number and "Made in XXXXX" logo.
                            Also be careful with "U" serials indicating made by Unsung Korea

I have a Epiphone LP custom With U-Serial, which, seen their pricing, sh/would represent their top end as far as LP copies go
                            but it's a dog compared to my Warlock, *which wasn't that much more expensive*
                            *Correction, found my old receipt of that order, I bought the Warlock for less than €550, which was a limited offer at the time, (though normal retail price DID compare to today's price)
                            making it a whopping €150 less than the Epi I bought a few years before
                            Last edited by Nightbat; 12-07-2015, 01:19 PM.

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

It is a Korean made w serial number. Should be decent for the price going to plug it in soon.

Comment

I am pretty impressed with the KH. I like the neck a lot. It is a Floyd 1000 but it is solid.

Comment

Working...
                                X