Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Musical Instruments - Who Do They Build For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chapman guitars
    Greetings and thank you for watching this video. Below are some links to products that I use: ThomannMy guitar ►► https://redir.love/61EwP3naMy amp ►► htt...

day 2
    Greetings and thank you for watching this video. Below are some links to products that I use: ThomannMy guitar ►► https://redir.love/61EwP3naMy amp ►► htt...

enjoy :0
    Last edited by guitardudeluke; 12-11-2015, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
      Would love to see a picture of the back of that headstock.

I was so WRONG in what I wrote. It's not Samick, it's Cort that made the Korean Ibanez guitars. Every one I've seen has a serial number like this:

So, i just found an Ibanez with the same serial format the previous poster mentioned. Says Made in Korea with a serial starting with the W prefix. The guitar is an Ibanez Iceman X series, Lepard in your opinion would this be WMI?

Comment

Add Strandberg and Ormsby to the list of brands that WMI produces.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Schadenfreude View Post
          So, i just found an Ibanez with the same serial format the previous poster mentioned. Says Made in Korea with a serial starting with the W prefix. The guitar is an Ibanez Iceman X series, Lepard in your opinion would this be WMI?

Now that's a weird one ! I have never seen a Korean Ibanez with a W serial number. That may very well be a WMI guitar.

Comment

Here`s some further info, dont know if it helps (or even if its accurate),

"The Ibanez X-series is a series of extremely shaped electric guitars produced by Hoshino Gakki. It was first introduced in 1983 with Destroyer and Rocket Roll series. In 1987 X-series was closed and then reintroduced in 2007 with Xiphos series. X-series embodies following series:

Apparently they sold for only $250 new but looking at reviews people where impressed by them.
            Doing a search on Evil-bay for Ibanez Iceman brings up 2 or 3 more, all with a W prefix

Full specs here, nothing to write home about, it seems its a `mini` iceman, smaller body and missing the hook on the lower horn. For a hundred bucks it could be worth a punt.

Ibanez Iceman X Electric Guitar. Basswood body. 2 humbuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
              Did some Ibanez come out of WMI?
              Yes the Ibanez SZ models were built by them.
              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Working...
              X