No announcement yet.

Another Example of why I have no interest in Import Jackson Guitars - WMI Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Example of why I have no interest in Import Jackson Guitars - WMI Korea

Nothing Jackson import-wise can even come close to competing with World Musical Instruments Korea. Major thumbs up to BC Rich, DBZ/Diamond and PRS for still having high quality guitars made in Korea by WMI.

BC Rich Warlock Deluxe:

Neck-thru
    EMG 81/85 Pickups
    Original Floyd Rose
    Ebony Board
    Abalone inlayed binding

LOL

I agree. Jackson imports are crap compared to WMI.

This is the one I'm really interested in:

And of course, this is the one I already own:

Last edited by xenophobe; 02-08-2016, 02:29 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      LOL

I agree. Jackson imports are crap compared to WMI.

This is the one I'm really interested in:

Hell yeah, that's the same guitar. BC Rich has been doing different finishes on this model for the past 8 years. They have made them in black, white, Joey Jordison blood-drip, trans dark red and that trans brown burl finish.

Comment

Those are great!

WMI does make great stuff. Love my Alex Wade LTD AW-7. You don't see too many neck-thru strat-type guitars with a pickguard. I put on String Saver saddles and strat knobs in place of the regular metal knurled ones.

20160208_180346.jpg
        20160208_180515.jpg
        AWmods.jpg
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool looking warlocks.

Comment

Hah, you just answered a question for me. I was going to start a post asking who built the
            Diamond line of guitars!

Comment

WMI is the shit. Sully's buddy Ormsby is going to have WMI build for him too. Supercool. Damn Xeno that warlock is awesome.
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                WMI is the shit. Sully's buddy Ormsby is going to have WMI build for him too. Supercool. Damn Xeno that warlock is awesome.
                yea. Ormsby production protos were at NAMM. And a container with his first production run are currently on their way from Korea
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                  Thanks! It's actually one of the best playing 7's I've ever played... smokes anything 7 string Jackson has made, to be honest. I paid $640 for it and it's like USA quality. It's sad they discontinued them but even BCR Custom Shop can't do them that well, IMO

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                  Hell yeah, that's the same guitar. BC Rich has been doing different finishes on this model for the past 8 years. They have made them in black, white, Joey Jordison blood-drip, trans dark red and that trans brown burl finish.
                  That's why I LOL'd. Cause you posted the same model I'm considering. Even though I hate the body shape standing, it's a fine guitar to sit down with. And the burl wood is great. 1 of 20 made for the Japanese market only. And it's WMI. So you know it's freaking awesome!

Comment

WMI is amazing. The PRS SE guitars are really my choice instruments these days. For my higher end stuff I am using EBMM, but I am most comfortable on the SEs. In fact, I am considering getting rid of my well used and modded PC-1 to fund a special run SE CU24 that has an ebony board.....we'll see though, lol.

Here's my current stable of SEs:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nice guitars to everyone above! Keep them coming!!!
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                        Nothing Jackson import-wise can even come close to competing with World Musical Instruments Korea. Major thumbs up to BC Rich, DBZ/Diamond and PRS for still having high quality guitars made in Korea by WMI.

BC Rich Warlock Deluxe:

Neck-thru
                        EMG 81/85 Pickups
                        Original Floyd Rose
                        Ebony Board
                        Abalone inlayed binding

http://www.vintagedeanguitars.com/images/Warlock-2.jpg
                        Yup, own the same warlock, if it wasn't for the trem (and 'Made in Korea' on the Headstock), you wouldn't say it was a sub $1000 guitar
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          WMI is amazing. The PRS SE guitars are really my choice instruments these days. For my higher end stuff I am using EBMM, but I am most comfortable on the SEs. In fact, I am considering getting rid of my well used and modded PC-1 to fund a special run SE CU24 that has an ebony board.....we'll see though, lol.

Those are nice! I especially like the purple with the Floyd.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post

sweet, Mark. I was never a PRS fanboy, but I've had a thing for the Akesson sig model & the flamed maple 245 for the last couple of years. Can't explain why their single cuts are calling to me because I'm not really a Les Paul fan either
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              sweet, Mark. I was never a PRS fanboy, but I've had a thing for the Akesson sig model & the flamed maple 245 for the last couple of years. Can't explain why their single cuts are calling to me because I'm not really a Les Paul fan either
                              You really ought to get one. The brand, SE, LTD, etc... doesn't really matter. WMI builds an amazing guitar that feels, sounds and plays like a USA or MIJ... and in some cases even nicer.

Comment

Working...
                              X