NGD Of COURSE it's a Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Of COURSE it's a Cali

Interesting back story to this one but for now (because this site is really behaving annoyingly) just some pics to appreciate her:
    thumb_IMG_2547_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_2543_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_2541_1024.jpg

Love the color. Never seen alternating markers before on a Cali.

Very cool!

Comment

Awesome one...beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
        Love the color. Never seen alternating markers before on a Cali.

Very cool!
        I was thinking the same thing. Congrats on the new score!

Comment

I still have yet to see a Hamer for sale in real life because Vector is scooping them all up from all around the world.

Always love your latest scores and pics! Badass guitar.

Comment

Saw it on the Hamer forum. Knew it was just a matter of time! Enjoy!

Comment

Yeah, I apparently have this sickness that involves losing all capacity to reason and show restraint around reversed head Cali's. Symptoms are compounded by tumbling Boomers.

This was an interesting Parts-O-Cali, actually. The original owner built it from actual Hamer parts but it's not a serial numbered, logged unit. From the standpoint of an investment piece or collectors item, it's worthless but it plays fantastically and looks kickass so, I don't give a shit. I buy these to play. Period.

There are a few standout features which are telltale signs of it's not being a production guitar- the biggest is the bare neck back. I know of no pro mod Hamers that left the workshop all nekkid like this one. Love this neck because of that and because of the slightly unusual D shape to it. 99.9% of all Cali's had C shape profiles. There were some custom orders out there that may have had something different but production Cali's all had C shape profiles.

Lastly, the mega-stadium sized logo is also a give away and was done intentionally to keep it from being mistaken for a real custom Cali.

Outside of those items it is in every way as good as if not better than all of the Cali's I've tried (pre modding anyway ) This one will be getting a slight mod with different p'ups, a new Schaller Lock Meister (in gold) and possibly a toggle to replace the blade switch.

Comment

Nice! Is the bridge a regular PATB-1 or PATB-2 Distortion?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure but I'm guessing a PATB-1.

Comment

That's what I would guess, too. If you ever decide to sell it, let me know.

Comment

Not a Hamer fan, but that one looks like one I wouldn't mind owning
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Beauty. I dig the PATB's

Comment

Kind of warming to the PATB. It's an acquired taste for sure. Not quite as hot as the Customs, Pegasus, Perpetual Burn and Murkat in my others but has an earthy, wood-y honk to it that I kinda dig.

Toejam, get in line. The guy that sold me this has kindly offered to buy the p'up if/when I replace it.

Comment

That's one dead sexy Hamer! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                              Kind of warming to the PATB. It's an acquired taste for sure. Not quite as hot as the Customs, Pegasus, Perpetual Burn and Murkat in my others but has an earthy, wood-y honk to it that I kinda dig.

Toejam, get in line. The guy that sold me this has kindly offered to buy the p'up if/when I replace it.
                              Cool. I had a PATB-2 in my old RR1T and always wanted to try the regular PATB-1 or Blues Saraceno PATB-3.

Comment

Working...
                              X