O.K. another project ;-)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O.K. another project ;-)...

That's a swwet looking project, can't wait to see pics of the finished product.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That looks awesome! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's getting a little closer!! Just waiting on a single coil pickup ring, a black neckplate (to replace the chrome one on it right now), a wire up and then a complete set up and she'll be ready!! I can't wait........

I know you guys are probably getting tired of these damn pictures, but I'm proud of her [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . Next one's will be of the finished product.

Comment

Hey Stephan, does Warmoth route for 24 fret necks as well? I have looked on their site but didn't see anything about it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hey Stephan, good to see you made it over to the new forum. I didn't realize you sold your Crossed Swords, I remember it being up for sale but then I thought you ended up keeping it. It was a killer looking axe. Anyway, congrats on the new project.

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

WAIT A MINUTE! Single coil... ring? Are you completely sure you want that? You can screw the pickup directly to the body and not have to put up with the ring. Most single coil rings are ugly as hell. Just put some springs over the screws, then bolt it in. If you have thought it through and actually WANT a pickup ring on that one, ignore this. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Rudy, thanks man and how's it going bud?? Yeah, I sold the Crossed Swords, it was a hard desicion and I kinda needed the money at the time. Out of the guitars that I have, it was the one that would have been easiest to replace if I ever wanted one again. All you have to do is have the cash in hand and give Lee a call [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !!

Disco Dave, as far as I know Warmoth can hook you up with a 24 fret neck. As long as the heel dimentions are correct and you know your scale length, it shouldn't be any problem. I'm pretty sure you can get a 24 fret neck in the 25.5 scale length and I'm not positive but I think you might be able to get them in the 24.75 length as well but you might have to check on that. The only problem is that I think they only do it as a fretboard extension and not as a regular neck, so you'll have to give up your neck position pickup if you do. Check out this link and look on the left where it says 22/24 fret extended fretboards...

http://www.warmoth.com/common/frames/guitarneck.htm

Black Mariah, I did put some thought into it and after mounting the single in the route to kind of check it out, there was alot of "open" space there. It wouldn't be a problem with your normal single coil that has the wires coming out of the middle/back portion of the pickup but I've got a Duncan Cool Rail and the wires come out of the side of it so there is no "triangle (for lack of a better word)" shape to it to fill in the hole. The pickup is just "oval" without the little tail area and it looks kinda weird with all that wood showing. I'm not dead set on it, but I'm gonna order one and check out what it looks like. If it looks totally stupid, I'll Ebay the ring or something...

Comment

Well.. there have a been a few Carvins on E Bay latley with single coil pickup rings.. and man.. they look so stupid. At first I didn't even know what I was looking at! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Buy another single coil don't put a ring on it. Nice guitar and sweet birdseye. Keep posting I want to see the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                    X