Gibson L6, anyone knows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson L6, anyone knows...

something about this guitar? Like what`s it worth, etc....I could get one cheap, but as I don`t like Gibson(or any single cut guitars), I`m thinking of getting it and than trade or sell it.

Re: Gibson L6, anyone knows...

is the L6 the solid body the looks like a wider thinner les paul. or the hollowbody les paul jazzbox or is that an L5

if its the first they aint worth sh*t, if its the hollow body jazz kinda thingy they are very cool & kinda expensive

Comment

Jamie is correct. It is a lower line Les Paul that was made between 73-75 I think. Fit and finish is supposed to be pretty good from what I understand. I have seen bodies that were solid cherry(which gave a very warm sound) and an example that was all maple. What is the price of the guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Lordofgain:
        Jamie is correct. It is a lower line Les Paul that was made between 73-75 I think. Fit and finish is supposed to be pretty good from what I understand. I have seen bodies that were solid cherry(which gave a very warm sound) and an example that was all maple. What is the price of the guitar?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And then there's the L6-S which has 24 frets, Bill Lawrence-designed humbuckers
        and a Varitone switch. Santana endorsed
        those before the Yamaha SG Series of Ibanez Arist copies. Those are pretty cool, and I see them go in the $350 - $500 range on Ebay. They don't come up on Ebay that often though. There are variations too: the only one on Ebay now
        has a 3-way toggle instead of the Varitone, and has angled string-thru body
        where some have a stop tailpiece. Some early ones even had bolt necks!

Nice guitars, but not that valuable.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I believe there was a custom, standard and a deluxe in the models offered.

Comment

I could get that guitar for around 350$. But it looks like I won`t get it after all. As I said, I meant to get it for further trade or selling.....But if this guitar is cheap as you said, I will not get it.
            Thanx for the input!!

Comment

It really depends on the model and the features as well as the condition, 350.00 seems is a fair asking price.

*cheap* is a term I relate to Hondo, which some people like or some consider the Charvels *cheap* in comparison to a Jackson. One mans dumping material is another mans pin-up it seems.

I think the L6S set neck is a good guitar, but if it's not your cup of tea then I can relate.
              I myself would desire one especially if has the 6 position dial or the string thru body... and I'd be willing to trade a Charvel like a mint Spectrum with mini JB's and a YJM in a case for it.
              I don't know idea what shipping from your area would be like tho.. it seems that would be international air running like a 100.00..and that could still be workable but somewhat trickier depending on what you want out of the trade.

Comment

The one on Ebay is up to $450 now. It is
                again a cheaper variant of the series.

I didn't realize you're in Europe, Warhead. You may want to check and see if it's more valuable there than here; know that's the case with Jacksons, eh?
                It still might be something you could make some $ on.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The situation is more or less the same in Europe. This guitar doesn`t have a big value. I thought as this is a Gibson and Santana used it, that it would be worth serious buck. Yeah, I still could get some $. But I`d had to drive for over 300 miles, and then drive again to Germany for another 600 miles(in one way). When you coun`t everything in, it isn`t worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X