Score! Washburn WI66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score! Washburn WI66

Don't know if you guys are familiar with these or not, but they're definitley worth a hands on experience.

A friend over in Canada hit me up with this one, for $209 USD - I couldn't resist! He replaced the pickups with a Tone Zone in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. The top is at least 1/4 inch thick, and mine has a great amber quilt. It's also got the Buzz Feinten tuning thing happening, and it definitely makes a difference.

The action is super low, and it has excellent tone. Check one out if you get a chance!

Re: Score! Washburn WI66

for 209.00, not bad..*ding* *ding* , we have a winner. Is that a korean model? bolt or set neck?
    Looks like a slight arch top.. not quite as steep as a Paul, but something there.

Comment

Yes it is a Korean model. The neck is set and the top is carved.

Comment

Congrats!! I've always like the looks of those. Never seen them with a trem, though.

BTW, I love your sig. Fates is my favorite band, and No Exit is my favorite album! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually that is a great deal if it came with those pups and a set neck (you knew that already huh??!) Great score!

Comment

He offered it to me about three weeks ago when he set up my DT420 (came out of the Ibenhad factory with the worst fretjob I've ever seen - "green" wood used in the fretboard.) I passed, but then something got a hold of me and I kept my fingers crossed that he hadn't sold it already - lucky me.

TJ Fates Warning is one of my all time Favorites - kind of local heros back in the day when I lived in Connecticut. I was young, but I think DeBias lived next door to me. (or maybe just his family) I liked everything they did up to Parallels and then I stopped listening. Pre No Exit didn't do much for me, I didn't care for John Arch, but Ray Alder rocks!

Comment

Yeah, Ray Alder is my favorite singer. I loved the older stuff with John Arch, but he's just not as good as Ray. They started to change a little on Perfect Symmetry and to me just started to get a little more mellow after that and not as much into the older metal (though, I still love Peferct Symmetry and Parallels).
              I still got all their albums, saw them on the Pleasant Shade Of Gray tour... they played the whole album, did a few songs from Parallels. A little dissapointing they didn't do more older stuff.
              Their last album, Disconnected, was a little heavier again. They're due for a new album soon and I'm looking forward to that one, hoping it keeps on getting heavy and back to the old days.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X