24 3/4" Scale
    Non-Trem
    Alder Body
    Thin U Profile
    XJ Frets 1-12,
    Normal 13-22
    Duncan Distortion(b),ESP Single Coils
    Dark Metallic Purple,Black, Snow White

For Current Price and Availablity call (303)421-4515 or e-mail [email protected]

[ March 26, 2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]

Re: Limited run of ESP Custom Shop Jakes

i'd like to play one sometime, but too bad the pickups are wrong...if you're gonna do something, ya might as well do it right, ya know?

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What were the right pickups anyways? I'm gonna make a note of it.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

while it was an ever-evolving guitar, it wound up with duncan jb in the bridge, and 2 dimarzio SDS-1 single coils for hte longest time. i think the other main difference was that the bridge was a custom wound holdsworth that seymour gave him back in 83-ish.

sully
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

ahhh you just dont like ESP sully [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , i happen to love esp but im not much of a strat person but i bet that would be a great guitar.

Comment

Jake's actual guitars had Duncans and DiMarzios, but the ESP 25th Anniversary catalog from 1995 shows the production models as having ESP LH-200 humbucker and SS-120 single coil pups. They were also available with a choice of rosewood or maple fretboard. A pretty killer guitar either way! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ March 24, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The white one is mine all mine. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sully, you are right about the pick ups for jakes personal guitars, but he esp production models always had stock ESP pick ups.I played all of the guitars in the pic to see whickh was the best and i found that they are all really good.The consistency is amazing.Get one while you can, these took a year to get.Who knows if Jason will do this again.I love mine and the short scale necks are soooooooo easy to play.Cool to see a pic ,i was waiting for jason to send me one.

Comment

'Nuff said.

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ColdVayne:
                    ahhh you just dont like ESP sully [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , i happen to love esp but im not much of a strat person but i bet that would be a great guitar.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">actually, i don't care one way or another about esp...i'm sure they can make a decent guitar if they want to.

i've read that jake himself took the stock esp pickups out of his own models and replaced them. (sorry...this was already mentioned! d'oh!) how odd is that though? you have a sig series, and the company making them doesn't do it to your specs....?

my bigger deal is that if you're gonna go all the way and make a replica, make it right (like the pix chuck posted). and hell, that goes for jackson too.... they're notorious for that. case in point is the rhoads ltd.

sully

[ March 25, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

GMW it is then [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But that blue-on-black in the ESP pic is such a cool combo.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

well then order one blue with black Gaurd i am sure lee will build you one like that

also Like Sully said
                        Jake Used Duncan JBs and Holdsworth pickups in the bridge
                        and for the singles he used Dimarzio SDS-1s and in the later years he has used Fender SRV Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                          GMW it is then [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But that blue-on-black in the ESP pic is such a cool combo.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The ESP is metallic purple. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

*ahem* Dark Metallic Purple

Get it right. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I always loved the white with the black pickguard. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X