Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Limited run of ESP Custom Shop Jakes

Originally posted by toejam:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:
    GMW it is then [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But that blue-on-black in the ESP pic is such a cool combo.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The ESP is metallic purple. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it is? Fair enough. It's hard to tell in the shadows. Either way, it looks cool [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

OK if you like the white one buy a fender & mod the crap out of it. thats what Jakes was, a 70's fender strat
      bullet trussrod bolt, large headstock, 3 bolt, the guitar was modded by charvel or a charvel employee. if i remember correctly, some of the mods were done prior to charvels mods.
      i have / had a guitar mag where jake tells the story on that guitar.

Comment

His neighbor, who worked for Charvel, did the mods to that guitar...if you check out his site there is a pic of it before it was modded, when it had a sunburst finish.

Comment

The GMW's look cool and the ESP's remind me of squire strats. fugly headstock. JMHO, to each his own... I guess

[ March 25, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

I actually think that's one of the better looking ESP headstocks, especially when its reversed. The shape has grown on me through the years. I still think it's better than the new Charvel headstocks, even though they're not all that bad either. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like it how Jake's name is bigger than the ESP logo [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ...

Comment

That blueburst GMW/Jake pictured is my actual guitar and it is for sale. See the classified section for details...

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:

actually, i don't care one way or another about esp...i'm sure they can make a decent guitar if they want to.

i've read that jake himself took the stock esp pickups out of his own models and replaced them. (sorry...this was already mentioned! d'oh!) how odd is that though? you have a sig series, and the company making them doesn't do it to your specs....?

my bigger deal is that if you're gonna go all the way and make a replica, make it right (like the pix chuck posted). and hell, that goes for jackson too.... they're notorious for that. case in point is the rhoads ltd.

sully[/QB]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe he didn't spec pickups at all, or decided on different ones later. Does anyone know?

Clue me in if I'm wrong, but the headstock and the tone knob are the inauthentic touches? Or are there more?
                  The headstock ain't that bad and avoids
                  hassle from Fender, and some people may
                  love both Jake E. Lee AND a tone control.
                  I can see your point though. Personally
                  I like trems and think the reversed-slant
                  single coils look dumb, which is why I'm
                  not looking for a Jake anyway. To those
                  who want one, if it's close enough they'll buy it; if not they won't.

That post with the email link sorta looks
                  like an ad for the store though.......
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

For the price they are selling those guitars for (2199 list 1375 sale), you could get a kick ass GMW.

Comment

Lerx, Jake had that same headstock and same volume/tone layout on his.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X