RG 570 neck prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG 570 neck prob

I am working on an Ibanez RG 570 with a neck issue!!!!It will not stay in tune when the locking nut is locked! The whole neck goes "funky"! The tension is gone and, of course, it goes flat! I did ask the owner about the neck being stripped of the finish and he said he has never oiled it....I know, I know.....so now it appears to be separating just below the headstock.I'll try to get pics if I need to. I must say I am not familiar with that neck,(although I haved owned a few 570s before)and I know this is a C/J forum, but I know you guys can help! We live in a very humid climate (on the Gulf of Mexico) and the salt air eats everything so could this be it! The trem is tight and the nut is tight.Thanx for any input...

Re: RG 570 neck prob

Thin crappy neck + moisture = get a Jackson [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Hey, Newc.. I live on the Gulf of Mexico as well, and my Jem has had ZERO problems! So there! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't know what to tell you other than to get it checked out by a professional. If you need to get a new neck, then look around on E Bay, and check out the www.jemsite.com forum. Also, Rich at www.ibanezrules.com could be able to help you out as well.

Comment

Thanks,Word.I am going to clean it and refinish it.I guess that is all I can do! I'll check out those sights as well!Oh,and if you play on the beach a lot, the salt air will do strange things to a guitar! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Where on the Gulf of Mexico are located?

Comment

Gulf Shores,Al. You know...whitest sands,hurricanes,and WAY to many people!(snowbirds & springbreakers) [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I'm on the water in Mississippi, maybe we could plan a Sweatfest, right Rich(lerxstcat)? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just let me know! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Does it have a skunkstripe of wood down the middle of the neck? If not, you probably have a funky neck, much like five of my Ibanez were. it worked out ok for me, I started playing Jacksons. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Hey...check this out...The Ibanez that I am redoing for a friend has THREE knobs instead of two! I looked everywhere and can not find a pic of an 89 RG570 with three pots! It is a Jap model,and the color is a bright (almost neon) orangish red. The neck was fixed,by the way,and now after major cleaning and adjustments,all is well.I just can not figure out what model it is!?!?!?

Comment

That bright orange color rocks. thats why I went to an ibanez/ jem just for shocking pink and dessert yellow. But like most I was dissatifyed with 90% of the guitar.
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Yeah, I play Jacksons (and Charvels) now, but this guitar was hot back in the day! Hell,now,it still rocks! Well....it sounds good!....Still can not find a pic.....

Comment

I've never seen one with 3, It's probally just an add on. Don't worry about it. I loved the neck on my jem and rg550 but I just couldn't stand the trem and the body's are kinda weird. Plus I hate recessed trems.

Comment

Do the bodies seem "long" to you...maybe it is just me!The trem was taken off another guitar...anyway, I know what you mean! Did the volume knob get in the way of your playing? I think this is what happened. Again,this is not my git.

Comment

The body did seem long for coming from a strat and a dinky. I was never bothered with the volume placement

Comment

Working...
                              X