Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how a prs wide thin neck compares to a Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how a prs wide thin neck compares to a Jackson?

I looked at their site and it only gives a measurement at the nut. Any help would be appreciated.
    Chris
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Re: Anyone know how a prs wide thin neck compares to a Jackson?

Don't know if this is helpful or not, but the best PRS I've ever played was an old '80s PRS that had been ordered with the wide-thin neck and massively jumbo frets. It also had PRS's hotter pickup option of the time. I'm no big PRS fan, but this one kicked ass--up there with the best Jacksons I've played. The only reason I didn't buy it on the spot was because it was pretty beat up and needed work--a fretjob and a couple of replacement parts on the bridge. Now, I wish I had picked it up with the way that those old PRS's have gone up in value.

The neck on that guitar was not as thin as an Ibanez Wizard neck, but was thinner than current-day Soloists, to give you a good comparison, and with a flat fretboard about like what you would find on a Jackson. Of course, that PRS had been built back when they were truly custom-made instruments. I don't know what the current production PRS thin neck option would be like in comparison--sorry.

Every PRS I see now seems to come with a baseball-bat neck and thin little frets--about as useful to me as a Daisy Rock guitar! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X