Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP LTD EC 1000 - Would you buy one?

Hello folks:

I'm shopping for a Les Paul shaped guitar that I could use to play top 40, hard rock and even some metal tunes. I have a chance to buy the amber colored one (it comes with Duncan JB and 59 pups) for $649. I know they are not real esp's as opposed to the eclipse model, but I'm very drawn by their looks and wonder if anyone with experience with this guitar can share their views with me on this axe. Thanks.

Re: ESP LTD EC 1000 - Would you buy one?

in one word.. Awesome. seriously, you'll hear lots of people about how they are overpriced and made in korea etc etc.. but this guitar is awesome. the dual EMGs give it a very good tone and the feel is great..

I'd say try one out and see for yourself..

Comment

The one he is looking at comes with Duncans and not EMG's which would make them better suited for what he described. They are a lot of guitar for the money. A USA or Japanese equivelant would cost 2-3 times as much. I don't care for the abalone binding (I prefer white,) but I think you'll be happy with it overall. I picked up the cherry in a flamed top (instead of the regular figured, don't know why. Here's a pic.

Comment

lol Tat, i knew you'd post here. I was about to say that you knew a lot about ECs. I'd buy one ^.^ especially without the EMGs in it lol. I'd probably end up putting some other kinda pickup in it, like Tony Iommi's signature ones.

Comment

I wonder if Musicians Friend will drop the price. If ESP discontinues or modifies the line, these things will sell for alot less..but that is a waiting game that may never happen.

650.00 is still a good buy, but for the money.. you can also get a MIJ Tokai Love Rock or similar (like an 80's Ibanez..*gasp*)

The abalone is on the face surfaces of the neck and the top.. just as edging. The binding on the side of the body & neck is still white.. (I do not like LTD's white binding.. it is very stark.. to me it looks cheap)
          The fretwork on the Ltd's I've played is well done.. but I always worry a little about dead spots on Korean models. They seem to have pretty strict tolerance in manufacturing.

Comment

Hey Chuck:

What type of pickups would you recommend me to use for a substitute of the Duncan Dimebucker installed on the GMW guitar I bought from Todd?

Comment

I would put a JB, a Custom, a Custom Custom, or a Custom 5 in it if it were mine.
              That Dimebucker sucks bad!

Comment

I think I would buy one of those with EMGs. They look sweet, I love how they have 24 frets, and I prefer the toggle switch in that spot (though I've never been that crazy about single-cutaway models). Too bad my Strat-shaped guitars don't have the switch in that position.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tattoed Carrot: That is a sweet top. I much prefer Flame to Quilt type patterns. I think they probably are a decent deal for the money (never played one) and I've heard good things from people who've tried them.

Comment

I'll call Jason from DCGL on Monday to place the order for one. Now the thing is that I don't know which model I'll get. I'm leaning toward the amner model, but that black cherry with emg's looks incredible.

Comment

I'd buy one in a jiffy if they weren't around £900 over here...

I'd try a couple out, the Black Cherry and the Sunburst, to see which pick-ups I prefer. Its exactly what I want, a classy looking 24 fret Single Cut. I'm leaning more towards a Black Cherry one to be honest. Just like the looks a lot more. Sigh, pity I don't have the cash.

Comment

Econ: You need to email me at [email protected] reference the brown one at $584 new with free shipping.

Comment

Tatooedcarrot, You have mail!

Comment

I wouldn't pay $650 for one. Ebay.
                            My singer has the ESP, what, Eclipse? Like this but with a Floyd. POS.

Comment

Topic: ESP LTD EC 1000 - Would you buy one?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's see...I live in Denver...Denver gets REAL COLD in the dead of winter...If it was REAL COLD here...and I was OUT of FIREWOOD...and the store was TOTALLY OUT of FIREWOOD and PrestoLogs...and it was REAL COLD...and I HAD to make a FIRE to KEEP WARM..."ESP LTD EC 1000...Would I BUY one..."

...yeah....I GUESS... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X