Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Guitars

Another BCR spin-off!
    Not my kinda thing,but I'm sure they'll appeal to someone.
    They seem to be extremely pricey,but then again,I don't know what the "going rate" is these days!
    Unique Guitars

Re: Unique Guitars

Geez! It's like the entire family has their own line of guitars! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They look nice, though.

Comment

I don't know what it is, but the shapes that people try out on guitars these days is completely uninteresting. The only thing I saw there that was ok looking was the tele style, but the headstock killed the guitar.

I think the last great "unconventional" shape that came out on a guitar would be the Warrior, which from what I understand has actually been around for a while. "V"s are classic as are slight variations of the Explorer (including the Ibanez Destroyer and Iceman.) Firebirds are classic. Stars are classics. I'd even go so far to say that Biches, Warlocks and Ironbirds are cool.

Furthermore, I hate the way that companies try to set themselves apart from others by twisting and warping the original design of a Strat (Soloist/Dinky/RG) or Les Paul. I am quite sure that these shapes were functional in their initial design, and pleasing to the eye. So why try to "smear" that shape or concept?

I don't like the way these guitars look. Even the headstocks are horrible. Give me a classic strat head. Pointy Jacksons and Ibanez are good to go. Even the pointy BC Rich headstock is tight. But these "Widows" and earwhigs and blah blah blah are horrible. I especially hate G&L's variation of the strat headstock and Wayne's little notch on their headstocks as well.

Yugos were great on gas, but they were butt-ugly. Where are they now?

My .02.

Comment

What Kirk just said! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow.

BC Rich - Bernie Rico
          Rico - Bernie Rico Jr.
          Unique - Joey Rico

I love what Rico and Jr. did / are doing... But these Unique's have GOT to go!!!!!!!

Comment

LMAO...those look like crap...the Rico's should try & get back BCRich & stick to what got them there. sickass custom neckthru's with great shapes, exotic woods & high quality workmanship & hardware.

Comment

At least G&L have some claim on the Fender style headstock. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, those are freakin ugly. BC Rich's are way cool, some of Rico's new guitars are pretty sweet:

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/guitars/RicoJr.htm

Does anyone know why Rico left BC Rich?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Slossar:

Yugos were great on gas, but they were butt-ugly. Where are they now?

My .02.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't we bomb the Yugo factory during the Kosovo-Serbia war? It got bombed somewhere along the way! However, they
                  are making subcompacts for either Ford or
                  GM now, so they came back in under the radar!

I didn't get past the entry page! I swear Paul Stanley's Silvertone SG/V looks better than that thing on the front page!

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Any company who's email address ends in "@Yahoo" tells you something right there. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X