Line 6 Variax Modeling Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Variax Modeling Guitar

Anyone else checked one of these out or bought one yet? I tried it, was impressed (especially by the acoustic models), and am still weighing whether or not to purchase one.

My only gripe is that it doesn't have any high gain, super strat tight tones.

Still, I thought it sounded better than a piezo equipped electric.

Re: Line 6 Variax Modeling Guitar

Great for acoustic stuff, bad for metal.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yeah I've tried one .. I think it was pretty good .. still could use some more models though .. like a nylon string .. thing I found weird was playing acoustic on an electric .. it really messes with your mindset and the way you approach your playing ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Anyone spent a significant amount of time with a Roland VG-88? I tried one very briefly and was completely blown away but I wonder it that would wear off a bit as the novelty factor subsides.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I've messed with the VG-88 too, and although it will do somethings the Variax won't do-such as alternate tunings-the Variax sounded much more "real" on the acoustic tones. I could care less how accurately it models a 58 Les Paul, as long as it produces a variety of good tones.

Unfortunately, I think, as posted above, that it doesn't quite cut it for metal. Line 6 really seemed to have marketed that guitar for guys who still want to be the Beatles. What's up with that? Aren't those of us here (almost all being metal fans) a demographic?

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell:
            Line 6 really seemed to have marketed that guitar for guys who still want to be the Beatles. What's up with that? Aren't those of us here (almost all being metal fans) a demographic?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">most certainly, but a smaller one in comparison to those that play acoustically, jazz, basic rock, blues, country, etc.... seems like it would be a great session guitar, no?

sully

[ April 22, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Great Session guitar yes ... good for Top40/GB or for the slouch who like to record at home and doesn't wanna spend thousands on all different guitars ... etc .. Would be nice if you could not only pick your type of guitar but a specified pickup IE JB ib the bridge type deal .. I'm sure it will only get better from here.. Hell look at the difference from the Flextone to the Flextone 3 ...
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
              X