warmoth bodies and necks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warmoth bodies and necks...

Are they any good? I was looking thru their site and seen a 1 piece swamp ash soloist style body that makes me [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] every time I see/think about it!!I know most of you praise GMW,so I was wondering if anyone owns/has owned/played any bodies or necks from them could tell me how they play and feel compared to a USA Jackson?? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanks,

DAN(RHOADSFAN_74)

Re: warmoth bodies and necks...

While I'm not much for "comparing" the two different guitar companies (too subjective), I can say that I LOVE my Warmoth guitar that I built not too long ago.. My Warmoth is in the Soloist body style, Alder body with a 1/8th inch Flamed Maple top and a HIGHLY figured Birdseye/Ebony reverse Soloist style neck. Tung Oil finish... I'm into it for less than $600.00 because I had all the hardware here for it and I don't think you could get one like it anywhere else for that price!! The guitar is very light and resonant and I'm thinking of a bridge pickup swap because the thing is just so damn BRIGHT!! It's almost like having a maple body without the weight [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . I've got a Dimarzio H3 in it right now and I've got a Dimarzio PAF somewhere around here that I think I'm gonna throw in and see what happens. Have you seen the Soloist body they have in the "Tiger Eye" die.... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I absoulutely love that body, but at $400+... OUCH!! Probably worth it, but I can't swing it right now... Anyway, here is mine.. and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Warmoth at all..

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

warmoth makes some good stuff, for sure. i've got a neck very similar to the one in the above pic. sadly, i realized i have a preference for a 1 &5/8" nut instead of 1 & 11/16" (what i ordered). they've got the exact neck i want in their thrift shop, and ugh....i wish i had the dough for it!

anyway, i wouldn't hesitate to order from them. especially their hardware, etc...prices are pretty good.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for the info!!I didn't see a tiger eye soloist,but they did have a str@t like that [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] !!! I went to the site looking for a new OFR,but it looks like I'm going to build me a soloist [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !Damn it's nice to have a lil' bit of money comming in finally!!

DAN (RHOADSFAN_74)

Just actually opened my eyes and saw the tiger eye soloist!! Very much [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ing going on !!!

DAN

[ April 29, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: dan ]

Comment

Build a Warmoth and you'll never look back!

My specs:
          1 piece alder body - birdseye maple neck and board 1 3/4" nut width 25 1/2" scale stainless frets- non recessed OFR - Everything exactly as I wanted without the custom shop price tag! Neddi
          www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Both Stephan and Neddi's guitars look fab.

you got mail Stephan.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026:
              Both Stephan and Neddi's guitars look fab.

you got mail Stephan.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey gemini8026, I got a message at my hotmail saying I had a private message, but there wasn't anything there. I Emailed you about it this morning, but don't know if you got it. You can contact me directly at [email protected].. Thanks.

**Edit** for typo.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

[ May 02, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Stephan ]

Comment

Working...
              X