Warmoth Star vs. Charvel stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Star vs. Charvel stars

What exactly is the difference between the two?

Re: Warmoth Star vs. Charvel stars

The Warmoth standard thin profile feels (to me anyway) alot like my '87 Jackson strat. Warmoth stuff is great! I have a maple/maple strathead with stainless 6115 frets, compound radius. I swapped the neck on my 2001 American Strat for it... Crazy low action! It's really cool to have a "shredder" neck on a strat.

The vintage modern necks have skunk stripes, and also feature headstock truss adjustments (this is a new feature. It used to cost $30 extra.)

If you're interested in Warmoth stuff, I say go for it! You won't be dissappointed... Also, make sure you go for the stainless fret option. Awesome!

Comment

Re: Warmoth Star vs. Charvel stars

One's a Charvel and the other is not. On the Warmouth you can get it to spec and on a used Charvel you get whatever it origionaly came with. I have been thinking about getting into a star myself, but I think I'm going with GMW to do it. Warmouth only gives you stock neck profiles and you have to do all the finishing work. For someone who is in the know on these things it's a grewat deal, but for me I want someone else to do it. If you can score a Charvel Star go for it. I have heard alot of good things about them. I have heard nothing bad about Warmouth either. Just ask Foolious Maximus. He swears by em. I plan to have mine with one bucker, Floyd and maple board. I want to get a blood splater graphic done too. One day I guess. Another thing too, Warmouth offers alot of great neck shapes, but I don't think they offer anything in the same vein as Charvel. I wouldn't doubt they would if you asked. Another thing is that the truss rod adjustment is at the heel if you get a non-tilt headstock such as a Fender shape or Tele shape. Others with alot more knowledge will post on this............soon.

Comment

Working...
      X