Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Wolfgang vs. Ernie Ball Axis - Which one would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Wolfgang vs. Ernie Ball Axis - Which one would you buy?

I just recived my tax refund and have decided to purchase a guitar. I'm interested in these two guitars. Which one is better in terms of playability?

Re: Peavey Wolfgang vs. Ernie Ball Axis - Which one would you buy?

Ernie Ball Axis.

While the Wolfgangs are extremley nice, they just don't come close to Ernie Ball quality and playability wise from my experiences.

Comment

They are both great guitars. I prefer the Peavey because of the headstock. It is purely personal preference but I would stick with Peavey since Eddy is still endorsed by them. After all, it is a signature model.

Comment

I like the Axis more, but I don't really care for the pickup switch position. I like the switch on the Wolfgang up top like a Les Paul... I also like the switch on the lower horn like it was on the EB EVH signature models, but they're pretty expensive nowadays when you do find one. The one thing I like better about the Axis is the fact that the nut is top mounted instead of through the back of the headstock on the EVH signature.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll have to vote for the wolfgang. I've played probally 20 differnt axis's and they just don't have the feel of a wolfgang.
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

the ernie ball is a way better guitar.....ive torn down dozens of each...the peavey has some really cheap parts in it.....i find the peavey to be very stiff playing and the pickups in the ernie ball are better....go with the axis

Comment

I owned both an Axis and a Wolfie Standard for ages at the same time. I found the Axis more tonefull (I couldn't believe how hot the Wolf pups were!) and with better fit and finish. The Wolfie always felt a little stiff compared to the Axis, too (same strings, and I set up my own guitars) I finally sold the Wolfgang and now I own these:

I think Ernie Ball should make me an endorsee for a new bedroom rockstar ad campaign: "Just 'cause you suck doesn't mean you can't own the best! Ernie Ball Music Man guitars..." [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ernie Ball Axis for me.

Comment

Working...
                X