Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - Duncan Custom (TB-5)

Hello:

I'm trying to replace a Dimebucker I have on a GMW Charvel Strathead replica guitar. The body on the guitar is alder. It also has a maple neck/fingerboard and a Floyd Rose tremolo. It has a lil 59 pickup in the neck position, which sounds great. The thing is that I'm looking for a pickup in the Duncan line that will give me good low end response (chunk) without being to harsh and muddy. I play through a Triple XXX and this amp has more than enough high end. I thought about the Duncan Invader don't know for sure. Is the Custom the way to go? Most people have told me that the Custom is not that different from the JB, which I have in another guitar and personally don't think has enough low end. I'll appreciate your help.

Re: Help please - Duncan Custom (TB-5)

I like the custom custom. Great low end but unbelivable mids and highs.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I like the Custom 5, it falls tonally between the `59 and JB, a very nice balance. Jack.

Comment

Either the Custom 5 or the Custom. Whoever said the Custom is not that different than a JB is stone deaf!

Check THIS page. WAY more informative than Duncans own page. Obviously everything isn't on there, but...

Comment

Cool web page Chuck. I am dying to try a Custom

Comment

Working...
          X