New pick-up suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pick-up suggestions

I recently made my first online guitar purchase through eBay. Normally I wouldn't buy a guitar w/out being able to play it first...but being left handed it's tough to find guitars. I bought a new Ibanez S370 and got it last Saturday. I love the guitar but am not too thrilled with the stock p/ups. I play through a 5150 combo and am not getting good tone with this new guitar. I have a cutom built guitar w/ p.j. marx p/ups that sounds sick through the amp, now I need to get the Ibanez sounding as good. I believe that P.J. Marx is out of busines or I'd go with some of those.
    Can anyone suggest some good p/ups. The config on the Ibanez it h/s/h. I play mostly metal.

Thanks....horns up!

Re: New pick-up suggestions

On the P.J. Marx pickups, its a long shot, but Robin Guitars (texas 713-957-0470) used to put these in their guitars years ago, so perhaps they might have some extras laying around.

Also, you might want to contact ebay people selling Robin guitars where they have swapped out the pickups from PJ Marx to something else, as they might have the old PJ pickups laying around and will sell cheap. For example, this guitar mentions having the PJ single coil in the middle, so I guarantee the guitar originally had the PJ humbuckers too. You might want to ask this seller if he has the old pickups.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2384

Comment

If you can't get the PJ pickups, check out the Lawerance L-500XL, Ducan Invader, Duncan Distortion, and EMGs(ifyou are into active pickups)

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas. After some thought and talking w/ other guitar playing friends I think I'm gonna go with EMGs. I found a guy online selling an SA, 81 and 85 for $25/piece!

Keep it sick!

Comment

Working...
        X