I am such a sucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am such a sucker

Sometimes it just amazes me. This one followed me home today so I guess I'll have to keep it. It's got some issues but the price was definitely right.

That's it. No more guitars. I'm never buying another guitar as long as I live .... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: I am such a sucker

Not until GAS strikes again, cool axe

Comment

Nice Wave! I've always liked those, especially the bass version Tom Araya used to play. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wave's are the COOLEST! Import or not, that N.J. is the cream of the crop! Congrats!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, it may turn out to be a great axe but it's definitely a project at this point. It has a nice neck but there's one really badly-done repair on the body (about 1/2" of the horn on the high side was broken off and reglued) and a couple of cracks on the lower wing. Oddly enough the neck & headstock are neither repaired nor dinged up. I'm having a hard time imagining how it got that much body damage in those places without incurring some headstock damage as well. It'll either be firewood or a nice player when I'm through with it. Probably firewood ... transparent blueburst firewood with gold hardware. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I'm too lazy to Photoshop the tuners but I'm thinking of something like this:

[ May 13, 2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: YetAnotherOne ]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

do you know what wood the wings are im assuming the neckthru is maple?

Comment

I wouldn't swear to it but up-close the grain pattern in the wings looks like mahogany and I'm almost certain the neck-through is maple.

[ May 13, 2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: YetAnotherOne ]

Comment

sweet those early NJ are great ,they play & sound as good or better than alot of the later USA stuff.

Comment

my nj necktru (assassin body) is a maple neckthru with milky pine wings

its a 99 guitar if thats any help

David

Comment

Working...
                  X