USA Schecters, anybody played one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Schecters, anybody played one?

Hey, I've been interested in the USA Schecter guitars for a few years now, but I never see them in any stores to try out. I've been looking at one lately for sale online, and was wondering if anyone on the board here has played any USA Schecters, and could give me their impression of them, especially vs. USA Jacksons, high end ESPs, Carvins etc.

Thanks,

Stu

Re: USA Schecters, anybody played one?

I had one in here but only got to play it for about 10 mins as it was a Rep's and he took it when he left. Except for the fact it had a vintage trem, it was pretty nice. I almost slapped the guy for carring it around in a gig bag. Nice AAA quilted maple and I think it had SD's in the bridge and neck. Hard to compare what the feel was like, but the craftsmanship was right up there.

Matt

Comment

I`ve also wondered about their quality and playability,etc. One of the finest guitars I have ever heald in my hands was a big chance by me called a US Masters guitar, it was flawless really. They have some dam good luthiers there, definately right there with Jackson USA, take a look at them!! Jack.

Comment

I played a couple briefly up at GC one day. A couple of Hellcats, to be exact. The whole package screamed "I WANT TO BE A FENDER!" but came off a lot better than any Fender I've ever played. The necks are fairly big and round, but not Les Paul huge. Action was actually nice and low, and I didn't notice any buzzing (must have been put out on the floor about 5 minutes before I got there). I'm not sure if I'd drop $1200 on one, but if I could get one at a good price I'd jump on it if I could.

Comment

Coolies! Thanks for the opinions... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Schecter makes some good stuff. There vintage stuff is killer. There old Strathead are similiar to Some old Charvels from the early years. They were like hot rodded Fenders...Strats, and Teles mostly.

Comment

Working...
            X