Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERY dissappointed with Warmoth right now !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY dissappointed with Warmoth right now !!

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Boys (and girls), I have to say..... if you order anything from Warmoth, be absolutely sure that you spell it out in Crayon what you want and then draw them a picture just to be sure!! BECAUSE YOU AIN'T GONNA RETURN ANYTHING TO THEM!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] I just received my Strat-head AAA Birdseye maple neck from them, and while an absolute beauty..... The goobers drilled the mounting holes in the heel for the neck...... Something I SPECIFICALLY asked them NOT TO DO!!! It leaves the neck about 1/8" short in the neck pocket!! So now it's off to the hardware store to get a dowel rod and some glue if I'm gonna use this thing!

So I called them up and they give me this [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] story that I never told them that when I ordered it.. O.K, I'll give them the benifit of the doubt on this becuase I did originally order a Thrift Shop neck and then changed the order to just have them build me a AAA Birdseye neck, but when I did this, the guy had to pull my original paperwork for the original order and it should have been in there..... They didn't even have to change the F'in work order number.... FA CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!! Warmoth stuff is great, don't get me wrong.... BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS ASS!!!! The guy basically accused me of lying about it!!! That is F'in total [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] !! It's a shame too, I was thinking of ordering a body next, but I'm not gonna do it now... Not after that sh*tty Customer Service and [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] implied accusations... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I'm having my original San Dimas neck re-fretted and fixed to put back on the guitar so I'm thinking about selling it, so if anyone wants an awesome Brand Spankin' New AAA Birdeye Maple/AAA Birdseye Maple Strathead neck, routed for a Floyd nut, 1 11/16" (R4), with 6100 frets..... let me know. I'll sell it for what I got in it: $257.50 plus shipping... let me know. I'll try and post a pic of it here ASAP... If not, to Ebay it goes!!

Hasta la Vista..... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Re: VERY dissappointed with Warmoth right now !!

OK

Now if it is pre drilled and it is the same scale length as your old neck is the intonation way out? does the fretboard meet the body?

Somthing tells me you may want to check it out in the pre drilled position before you sell it and make sure it does not work.

I guess I always thought the predrills would line up.

Shoot me a picture...

[email protected]
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

mine came pre drilled too...i didn't know to tell em not to do it. i haven't been able to drill the neck holes for the body yet, so i'm hopin that i'll be able to figure out a way to do it so that they match up....ugh, wish me luck!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If you use a 1" bit to drill the holes in the body, everything will line up!

*thats a joke, kids!*

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas:
          OK

Now if it is pre drilled and it is the same scale length as your old neck is the intonation way out? does the fretboard meet the body?

Somthing tells me you may want to check it out in the pre drilled position before you sell it and make sure it does not work.

I guess I always thought the predrills would line up.

Shoot me a picture...

[email protected]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I tried to mount the neck to the body and the neck comes up about an 1/8th inch short of reaching the back of the neck pocket using the existing holes in the body. I don't think that doweling it up and using it would cause a problem with intonation, but I've already got the original neck at the shop getting refretted. It fits so much better in the neck pocket because it's 1 1/4. I had originally planned on using this neck on it, but then I decided to use the original neck and build another guitar with this neck, getting another body from Warmoth but after the crappy way they did me when I called I'm not too sure I want to deal with them. That really pissed me off! Anyway, I'll Email you some pic's of the neck.. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

You ever think that maybe they DON'T have a record of you asking for the neck to not be predrilled? It's ALWAYS a possibility. Did the guy actually say "You sir are a f**king liar and a bastard and your mother dresses you funny. Now f**k off before I taunt you again."? If they truly have no record of your special order, then you're screwed plain and simple.

Comment

From Warmoth's webpage:

"Note: All of our necks are supplied without mounting holes drilled. This allows you to perfectly match it to your body."

Uh huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                You ever think that maybe they DON'T have a record of you asking for the neck to not be predrilled? It's ALWAYS a possibility. Did the guy actually say "You sir are a f**king liar and a bastard and your mother dresses you funny. Now f**k off before I taunt you again."? If they truly have no record of your special order, then you're screwed plain and simple.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn dude, do you have stock in Warmoth??? Where you on the phone at the time.. did you hear what was said?? WTF, man.... Geez, guy lighten up!!

Logically, what they should have done, in my opinion is handed me back of to the guy I originally talked to the first time when I wanted to change the order. You ever do that little "experiment" they do in school where you tell something in a kids ear at one end of the class and by the time it gets to the other side, it's totally F'ed up!! That is what happens when you get too many people involved in the process. It's not like they have 50 different guys answering the phones and they are going 24/7.... There ain't but six of them there I believe, and most of the time when I call them, I talk to the same guy and he's always been very cool with me. The only times I've ever had a problem was when I talked to someone different. In addition, if they wrote it down the second time to predrill the holes, what makes you think they didn't write it down the first time not to??

Customer Service is the a major part of ANY company... If you don't take care of the customers, they won't take care of you.. Plain and simple.

Oh and BTW Jimmy Apollo... thanks for that tidbit, I'm gonna check that out and see what they have to say about that... Could be very interesting because they told me on the phone that if I had ordered it with no holes.... IT WAS A $15.00 UPCHARGE!! That is another thing that really tweeked me, whey do they charge more to do less???

Toodles....

Comment

Yo Sully, If you've got a body w/no holes. Find some nails that fit not loose but not tight in the neck holes (remember they have to come out again!!). slide them in point first and mark them about 1/16" longer. cut them off and reverse them in the neck holes so the points stick out. you can then center it in the neck pocket and it will leave the marks to drill. You may at this time want to hold the neckplate up to the body in the cavity side and look that its not going to be in an f'd up position. You will also want to back up the outer side of the body with another piece of wood while drilling through or "split city" will be your nickname.....good luck dude........Gary

[ May 13, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: STARGUITAR ]

Comment

Set that neck up about 50 yards away, and I'll DRILL the holes for ya...

WITH MY 9MM !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:
                      Set that neck up about 50 yards away, and I'll DRILL the holes for ya...

WITH MY 9MM !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Doc, you couldn't hit a BARN DOOR at 50 yards with that thing - never mind a skinny little guitar neck!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

that whole thing is odd.....you CANT predrill holes for a neck.....you have to lign it up first .....ive never seen a warmoth comeout like that.....either they used a used neck on you or someone there made a huge mistake...id call them on it again and ask to talk to someone in charge......ive dealt with warmoth on hundreds of occasions and have never had any trouble....

Comment

I emailed them about a thrift neck a while back and got a reply from Ken Warmoth himself. Ask to speak to "the man" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I ordered a black Schaller floyd from Warmoth last year. I specifically said black several times during the phone call just to be sure, but what I actually got was a chrome floyd.
                            I contacted them and since I had ordered over the phone and had no written order to prove my point I was told I was wrong. They told me I had ordered a chrome floyd and that was that.
                            I sent them strongly worded e-mails letting them know that their current behaviour towards customers was unacceptable, and they finally offered to exchange it.

I had totally lost my faith in them so I never bothered returning it.
                            Another point to the story is that I live in Europe but the floyd was bought in the States, so if I was to exchange it I would have to pay shipping and taxes on the black floyd and totally lose the financial advantage of having bought it in the States.
                            I will never deal with Warmoth again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan:
                              Damn dude, do you have stock in Warmoth??? Where you on the phone at the time.. did you hear what was said?? WTF, man.... Geez, guy lighten up!!

Customer Service is the a major part of ANY company... If you don't take care of the customers, they won't take care of you.. Plain and simple.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I don't have stock in Warmoth, but I have worked customer service before. I had a guy on the pohone for 20 minutes one day b**ching about how the case he got with his KE2 wasn't right because the STRAP BUTTON cutout was in the wrong place. The dude was probably super pissed when I told him that he had the right case and if he wants to make it fit better he needs to get a hammer and start pounding. Despite his annoyance, this was the right thing to do. He got the right case, and complaining about the position of a STRAP BUTTON CUTOUT?

Your situation is of course much different, but it's still the same principle. If the company really doesn't have any record of your special order then you are screwed. I don't like it any more than you do, believe me. They most likely didn't pull out the paperwork from your last order, but just canceled it in their computer system (unless their whole system is still paper-based, in which case they have my condolences). If they just canceled one order and put in a new one without looking at the old one (which is almost always the case), and you didn't specifically tell them right then and there that they shouldn't drill the holes, how are they supposed to know?

I'm not saying I agree with Warmoth on this. It's too easy to get something exchanged, and they can still sell it as a new item.

Comment

Working...
                              X