Picture of Mustaine's new ESP DV8 on ESP's website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of Mustaine's new ESP DV8 on ESP's website

Well, that was quick. It's on the first page then there's a link to a hi-res photo. I like the way it looks, a string-thru vee with an eightball on the first fret. Lets hear everyone's thoughts!

Re: Picture of Mustaine\'s new ESP DV8 on ESP\'s website

Wow that was quick! In any case the head looks weird on that body. It looks like his older sig model but the body horns seem to be longer. It also to has a pickguard and I don't like those.

I think it's a decent looking guitar, I'm surprized they have a finished version so soon though since the release was just this week. It would be way more bad-ass if they had the pickups bolted directly into the body (but that's something I tend to go for generally).
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

How about a link, guys? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

http://www.espguitars.com/html/menu.html

and

http://www.espguitars.com/html/newsitem.html
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok, it's a KV with an ESP headstock and a pickguard. Big Whoop-de-doo.

I wonder how much ESP will charge for the decent non-LTD version of such an 'innovative' instrument? I hope Dave sucks a whole bunch of money out of them--obviously ESP isn't spending much in the design department, are they? Just enough to procure a Jackson catalog, I guess.

Comment

Is it me, or does that neck look extremely wide? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey What's up with the 8 Ball on the first fret i thought Dave was Drug Free these days [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Good one, Sid [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think the lack of good inlays (sharkfins) makes it look wider.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
                  Hey What's up with the 8 Ball on the first fret i thought Dave was Drug Free these days [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Close; he gets his DRUGS FREE these days!
                  Check Section 2 Paragraph 3 of his endorsement deal! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am not really crazy about its looks.... I am not into the 8 ball. The pickguard sucks too... Looks cheap. I am sure it will play very nice though.

Comment

I'm entirely with Firebird on this one. Hell, I'm sure a flamefest awaits me due to my comments on the Megadeth forum. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The pickguard ruins the symmetry of the KV body shape, and dot inlays are WEAK...not to mention the 8-ball. As I've said elsewhere, Jeff Hanneman and Michael Ammott got way better signature models from ESP. I was at least hoping for a unique finish or inlay design on Dave's, but I guess I was mistaken. Honestly, I'm glad that doesn't have a Jackson logo on the headstock.

(Maybe Charvette would look OK though...)
                      sigpic

Comment

The main reason I'm thinking this may do well is because many people have been dying for a string thru King V model for a long time and now finally there is one...only it's not a Jackson. It's the new ESP DV8...I'm gonna try to play one sometime. I've played ESPs before and thought they were pretty good, and even my ESP LTD Grynch has great quality for being an LTD...

Comment

I own a few esp firebirds and I think they play great, They look good too though. IAZ is right about others having sig models that look righteous. This one is a dud in the looks dept. I am diggin the stringthru design though I can't get past the pickguard and the 8 ball... A+ for effort. A+ for stringthru. The rest leaves little desire for me. I am sure they will sell a ton of em though.

Comment

That body looks more like the original King V (Double Rhoads). It's as big as Dave! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re; 8 Ball, I was thinking the same thing Sid. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well it would explain the lack of thought put into this.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                              That body looks more like the original King V (Double Rhoads). It's as big as Dave! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re; 8 Ball, I was thinking the same thing Sid. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well it would explain the lack of thought put into this.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah no **** I told you Dave that that ****er was gonna be big [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , Just the same ****ing thing as the ltd v's they had in the guitar world buyers guide with out the logo and inlays and those wings are so ****ing big that if your old lady was out you could screw the ****ing thing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that is one ****ing rude guitar ! in the pic's anyway [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] gross , as bad or worst than alexi's RR rip off . and he looks like he golf's way to much by the look of the pic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X