Kit guitars debate: Carvin VS Warmoth VS Stewart-Macdonald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kit guitars debate: Carvin VS Warmoth VS Stewart-Macdonald

I can't speak for the others, but if you go with Warmoth, there's options for every level, and there's no need for you to not put it together yourself. It'd be a great learning experience for you and would help *de-mystify* guitar mechanics.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"There's no need NOT for you to put it together yourself. You'll learn a bunch, yadda yadda.."

Guess I better hurry up and find that "Reading Comprehension Course" phone number.... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess I should have been more clear. I was assuming that parts compatibility was more crucial to a bolt-on than a neckthrough because the neck had to fit in the pocket and such, which maybe makes it a little iffy to order a neck from one place and a body from another without first checking for compatibility. I assumed a neckthrough would negate my question about interchangeable necks and bodies since I could buy a neckthrough neck from, let's say, Carvin, and buy any body blank I choose from anywhere else.

Hmm. It's between the SLATQH and this custom. I haven't talked to my buddy yet, so I'll probably just go for the SLATQH.

Comment

If your parents are involved with the purchase, your buddy better pray you get the SLAQTH. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] All of you better pray that you never have to sell me any of your guitars, or my parents will definitely be involved in the whole deal! I'm already apprehensive about my folks dealing with poor Matt that I'm afraid he won't want to sell me ANYTHING after I buy that SLATQH! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll be known on the board as the JCFer with the psychotic parents! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll most likely have a neckthrough done so maybe this question isn't too relevant.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"So maybe this question isn't too relevant"
            As if to say, "out of the companies listed above, whose parts are best, and can they be interchanged, etc, but then again I may have a custom neckthrough made, so perhaps I'll post this and let folks help in any way they can concerning neck and bodies, then wait for Lerx to quote me out of context and leap to a conclusion..."

Maybe a course in reading for comprehension is needed here?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would have to agree, Lerx. Lemee get a phone number for you...

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just 'cause Klaus still hasn't called, don't get all testy and $h1t! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great One, Lerx!!!!

Comment

I love this message board. You guys are totally nuts. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X