Warmoth Vs. Jackson neck shape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Vs. Jackson neck shape.

So I'm gonna finally take the plunge this summer and build a Warmoth guitar! I've been wondering however what Warmoth neck shape is closest to that of a Jackson soloist? I hate adjusting, I'm stubborn.

Also, is there any way to get Warmoth to bolt the neck onto the body for me? I'm not too techy and I'm very affraid of screwing up.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Warmoth Vs. Jackson neck shape.

their standard thin profile is pretty close. but lemme say if you're not too tech-y, i'd worry about more than not being able to bolt a neck on. i hope that doesn't sound bad, but that's probably the last thing to be concerned with when you're slappin one together. however, that's what we're here for! ...at least some of us, that is!

sully

[ June 01, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You're also going to have to drill the warmoth neck, since they won't 'predrill' or mount it for you. Measure your neck pocket also. I have about 1/32nd of an inch to the side of my Charvel strat that I put a warmoth neck on - the pocked was just a little bit undersized. I'll fix that with a shim later, but right now it doesn't bother me a bit.

Pete

Comment

actually, my warmoth neck came drilled. which i didn't ask for. if you get a body and a neck from them, they'll drill it for ya.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
        X