7 string guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7 string guitars.

Carvins are great. However, if you're perticular about what pickups are in your guitar, you may want to look somewhere else(sorry if someone else already said this). Only carvin's 7-string pickups fit in their 7 string guitars. You can install different ones, but you'll have to route the body a little. GMW is another good plce to look if you want a custom guitar. Theres a lot of good Ibanez 7-strings that are all dicountinued, unfortunetly.

Comment

Untrue... Dimarzio's slip right in and on the Seymour Duncan, you just have to clip a bit off of each side of the metal area where the screw holes are... No biggie. Now the EMG 707's are a whole new ballgame.

Comment

Same way on the Carvin 6 stringers also. you have to mod the pickup cavity some to fit other brand pickups. I never could understand why Carvin made their pickups smaller than the other brands, soem sorta ploy to oly buy their`s maybee [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

The Dimarzio Blaze pickups that I installed in a DC727 for a friend of mine had to have alot trimmed off the sides of the backplate to fit in the Carvin routes. Luckily, Blaze pickups have a phenolic plastic type backplate that was easy to trim with me Dremel tool. I also installed Carvin C26 7 string pickups in my Schecter A-7 and they were definately smaller than the Duncan Designed pickups that I removed. I wouldn't be so quick to remove Carvin pickups. They sound great humbucking or coil tapped.

Comment

Yes, my Carvin C22 pickup`s sound great in my Carvin DC150. Jack.

Comment

I'm also thinking about getting a carvin. I wouldn't be so quick to change the pickups in mine though, I like trying different pickups and finding what works for them. Some people are really picky about what pickups are in their guitars though.

Comment

Working...
              X