Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOLFGANG QT (sound clips) first clip fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOLFGANG QT (sound clips) first clip fixed!

I picked one of these up after hearing about them
    here it is through my old marshall plexi stack on ten!
    a very good guitar for the $400 i got it for used! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://artists.iuma.com/dl/Blix/audi...nchained_2.mp3

[ June 09, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: RICH R ]

Re: WOLFGANG QT (sound clips) first clip fixed!

That was awesome. Got any more? The first one didnt work but that second one was great. Killer sound. Fill me in on how the import wolfgagn plays. Id really like to play one but there arent any peavey dealers around that have any of them. How much do they go for new? Id like one in the quilt top blue. Got any pics of yours?

Comment

Rich, nice job. Your QT sounds outstanding. Lots of punch/bottom and clarity. Just like mine. I have a blue quilt top and it rules the roost around my house and that is saying alot when you consider that it is the least expensive guitar I own by far!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Jgcable, how much did yours cost? Anyone know how much these would run new? Im not talking ebay I mean like at a guitar shop. Hows the floyd on them? Im really thinking about selling one of my guitars and getting one. They seem like they are great. I either want one of those or maybe a used soloist.

Comment

heres another,
          http://artists.iuma.com/dl/Blix/audi...ean_Street.mp3

Comment

WOW!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Couldn't get the first link to work, but VERY NICE on the second one!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought mine new and it was $619.00 They threw in the case because I pre-ordered the guitar. Currently, the only place to find import (Peavey calls them EXP for export) Quilt tops is on Ebay. No Peavey dealers that I know of stock them. Even the store I got mine from only made that one initial order. Even though they were all presold before they came in they still didn't reorder them because they said they would rather sell the USA specials instead. I have heard that Peavey really doesn't push the Korean Quilt top EXP Specials in the USA and even though Eddy endorses them I have yet to see an American ad showing it. If you want one you will have to go on Ebay and buy one. There is one seller who always lists them for a little over 500.00 which is not alot of money for a heck of a guitar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yea, one more thing. Make sure you try one before you buy it. Almost every player that has played a WOlfgang has been impressed but I can tell you that there is a ton of difference between a Soloist and a Wolfgang regarding neck profile, tone, number of frets, body style, etc.. I am not saying that one is better than the other (I love Soloists too). All I am saying is that they are really different.The best way to describe a Wolfgang neck is that it feels like a vintage Fender at the nut and a little like a Kramer slim taper at the top. Theo overall feel is sort of like a Telecaster meets a real San Dimas Charvel.

Comment

try the first clip now [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I dont have anymore at the moment,but am working on posting more [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                    Oh yea, one more thing. Make sure you try one before you buy it. Almost every player that has played a WOlfgang has been impressed but I can tell you that there is a ton of difference between a Soloist and a Wolfgang regarding neck profile, tone, number of frets, body style, etc.. I am not saying that one is better than the other (I love Soloists too). All I am saying is that they are really different.The best way to describe a Wolfgang neck is that it feels like a vintage Fender at the nut and a little like a Kramer slim taper at the top. Theo overall feel is sort of like a Telecaster meets a real San Dimas Charvel.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah they are night and day from each other [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] my sl-2h is real fast and the wolf is more rounded in the neck. but you can still let rip! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

The wolf neck is more comfy and you get familiar with it instantly. Like an old friend. I noticed on Ebay that the quilt top EXP's are dwindling down to just a few listings that the price is up to $619.00. I don't even think you get a case with it either. My opinion has always been the Korean Quilt top would be the sleeper best deal of any of the Wolfgang Specials. Every store that ever ordered them in the USA that I know of sold out instantly. The blue quilt top is the hardest one to find. Get one while you still can!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                        The wolf neck is more comfy and you get familiar with it instantly. Like an old friend. I noticed on Ebay that the quilt top EXP's are dwindling down to just a few listings that the price is up to $619.00. I don't even think you get a case with it either. My opinion has always been the Korean Quilt top would be the sleeper best deal of any of the Wolfgang Specials. Every store that ever ordered them in the USA that I know of sold out instantly. The blue quilt top is the hardest one to find. Get one while you still can!!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah the store originally wanted $500 for the QT i talked him down to $400 W/HSC
                        I am very happy with it,it is kind of like my EBMM EVH in some ways,but also very different in others [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Dang I hope I can find one when I have the money. Ive got to sell a guitar to get enough dough. They sound like they are killer guitars though. I kew it would be different than a soloist I just dont know which Id want more. Im a big time Jackson fan and really dont care to play much else, but these just seem too killer to pass up. Id like nice versatile guitar and plus I think it looks really cool. But a soloist would be hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                          X