GMW price qoutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW price qoutes

I got a question to ask the people who have ordered GMW guitars. Using all the stuff they have on their site, I figured out a custom of my idea would be $2475. Would this be list or the actual cost? If it is list I will proceed to take a huge dump in my pants. Thanks for any help I can get.

Re: GMW price qoutes

Your pants (and anyone around you) will thank you...it's the real price, not a BS "list price". Since it's direct to you and not through a middleman guitar store, list price would be kind of a waste, just to make you think you're getting so much a better deal. Carvin does that and, though I love my Carvin guitars, I always thought that them presenting "list price" was somehow a little shady.

Comment

Well if I went to Jackson it would cost me around 3300 with a 70% of the list. I plan on getting a Carvin DC727. Maybe, just maybe one day I can get a GMW 7 string Warrior with that nice German Navy Camo graphic and some Iron Cross inlays. That would be good stuff. Although I got my hopes up, and I would rather have that a list price and crap in my pants.. well shorts actually, which would mean it would run right down my leg, I thank you for your help. You killed my dreams though...

Comment

DAve, what kind of guitar did you spec out at GMW for that price? Are you getting one of the $800 graphics?

Comment

It was a $500 dollar graphic. The German Navy Camo. It was going to be a Neck-Through 7 string Warrior. Iron Cross inlays. I am going to go with a Carvin DC727 though, for a lot less money, and still a cool guitar.

Comment

Nice guitar, but comparing that to a custom GMW like you spec'd out is kinda silly.

Comment

I completely understand that. Two totally different guitars. I was thinking that Carvin doesn't offer neck and head binding so I actually might send it to GMW to have them take the frets out, bind it, and put some new frets in. I don't know how it would cost, but it might be worth it. I will have to wait and get one and then see if it would be worth it. I wouldn't mind getting a GMW custom because I have NEVER heard a bad word about them. Just a money issue for me.

Comment

Can't you just get Carvin to put the binding on?

Comment

I read somewhere in the message boards over there that they only do body binding on the TL60 and on some of the acoustic/electrics. I will have to call up and ask when I get the money together. Either way it will be a nice guitar.

Comment

A binding job will be very pricey. Factor in a fretjob and atleast a partial refin on top of the cost to route the binding channel and actually bind the guitar. I bet it would be a $1K job, easily more.

Comment

Waoh! lol. Forget that. I figured it would be somewhat cheap becuase on GMW's site it says binding neck and head is 50 bucks. I knew it would be more for the frets and all. Binding to me is more of a thing of look so it isn't really worth that much. Tops I was gonna pay for something like that was like 120 bucks lol. But like I said, it isn't that important.

Comment

Let me see if I can give you an idea, I had binding added to my Carvin V at GMW a few years ago. As I remember, it was something like...

$100-150 for the actual binding (neck/headstock)
                        $200 or so for re-fret

There could be other work/cost involved, always best to ask them for a quote.

If you want them to stick those Iron Cross inlays on there, I'd guess around $200-300. I'm not sure if GMW could do those themselves, or if they would have to send it to the "inlay guy", which would significantly jump the timeframe up by a few to several weeks.

That help?

Stu

Comment

Yeah, thanks a lot. I don't think I will worry about it. I might get binding later down the road, but for when I first get it, I will leave it the same.

Comment

Working...
                          X