are these kramers any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these kramers any good?

i've picked up a few and thought they were very nice for the money...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Re: are these kramers any good?

If you're really into USA Kramer, go to Chrisguitars.com. He always has several nice Kramer(with a very nice price tag) hanging around.

Cham

Comment

are these kramers any good?

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=339
      they look real nice for the $$$,i was going to get a DK-2 next but this has my interest,real floyd,neck through? would it be better or as good as a JACKSON DK-2?

Comment

Hmmm....

A lot of people are gonna say to buy the Jackson.

They will tell you how that the Kramer is not a *real* old school Kramer, how it's cheap Korean junk ect..

But you know what.. It is a real nice playing guitar.

I had the cheaper one, the FR404SD, and it played as nice as any Jackson/Charvel I ever had.. a very nice neck-through for little money.

It just doesn't have as nice fit or finish as a Jackson.

Personaly, I wouldn't buy that one, too expensive.. get the cheap regular Baretta.. the Kramer Floyd works really well, almost like the Schaller Floyd.

On the downside, all your friends will laugh at you 'cause it's a MusicYo Kramer.

You can't compare a neck-through VS Bolt on tho..

If you want a neck-through and can't afford a Soloist, look for a Charvel Model 6 for the same or less $$$..

Comment

There are worse guitars you can get for $400. And if you have the type of friends that laugh at the brand of guitar you buy, kick their ass and find new ones.

Comment

$399 is too much money?

Comment

does'nt a guy named david chastain play one? i dont think ANYONE laughs at him! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] the guy is a guitar monster! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I was concerned about the action on these,i like a very low action and all my other guitars have a low one(jackson sl-2h,wolfgang,EBMM evh sig guitar) they all have a very fast and low action with no buzz or dead spots? how is the fret work on these compared to a MIJ DK-2? my import wolf(MIK) shocked me
              [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] i thought it would need fret work,but it does not?

Comment

BTW,the reason i am shopping for less expensive axes is my USA ones put my in the poor house! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] LOL!!! and i cant afford any more $1000 guitars [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] as of now at least! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

BigDaddyD -
                  ask yourself if there are chances you can sell it for the price you're paying. If you can't get your money back on an axe it's not worth it imo.

Unless you want something really specific at all costs, and it's your dream guitar that you plan to keep forever etc.

I'm with 2loud. if you want a neckthrough superstrat go with a used model 6.

Comment

I tried FR404SD(I think so)...not bad... But my model 6 is beter in sound and overall feeling. But not too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X