GAS Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAS Attack

Well, it's my first explorer style guitar. I've never played one before so I went out on a limb on this one. It's a 1984 Cort with set-neck, bindings on body/neck and headstock. Brass nut and inlays (which are really cool). It's plywood construction but not too back. It has a really colorful fretboard with medium frets. It's all original including the pickups.

Here a pic of it:

joe...

And yes it's a lefty [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: GAS Attack

I remember those. I think the pickups are Powersound brand. Those were popular back in the early 80's right along with Mako, Hondo and Arbor. If you get lucky you can find one that got some good wood and was built well. To bad the bridge isn't real brass. Some of them came with real brass bridges if I'm not mistaken. If not, they were after market add-ons. Sure a good lookin axe dude.

Comment

great looking axe.
      I'm an explorer guy myself.
      I'd ditch the cream knobs in favour of some black gibson explorer types. I'd get black pickup rings too. Cream on white looks kinda iffy I find.

Comment

Hum? Black trimmings? Not a bad idea. It would be cheap enough to try.

Overall, the condition is not too bad. There is only 1 ding on the lower horn which will a little paint can be fixed. There are 3 frets on the high-e string that have a groove in them but so far, has not effected playing. There is a hair-line stress crack on the neck/body joint which as well does not effect play.

thanks for the suggestions.

joe...

[ June 13, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
        X