Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me ID this Ibanez

Heya guys,

should posted on Jemsite, but im trying here first.

Its a Ibanez "S" series Custom Shop guitar. Maple board, with abalone oval inlays. Ive NEVER seen a maple board on a custom shop. 22 frets, "Custom Made" inlay on 21st fret. Bolt on. IBZ USA H-S-H, Floyd of some sort, 2 knobs, 5 way toggle. Serial #F236911.

I got it at a used guitar shop today. played AMAZING. price was decent.

Anyone knoe what this is, and maybe how much its worth? If its decent, I want to move it, to help pay for my custom shop from Matt coming in August.

thanks,
    ~eric

Re: Help me ID this Ibanez

Its an S540 from the Sabre line. Fairly common, but nice guitar. Usually sell for $250-$400......They were all made in Japan.......

Comment

This is not a custom shop (unless yours says USA Custom on the headstock), but a production guitar (although very rare with the maple fingerboard and oval abalones).
      S540 is your guitar. I have one, the Oil finish 'color', Serial F2299xx - made in 1992 at the Fuji factory in Japan (the "F" in the Serial number) like yours. The other two colors were Cayman Green and Jade Metallic.
      FYI there are others in the S540 Series:
      S540 LTD - bound rosewood fingerboard w/sharktooth inlay, chrome hardware
      S540BM - Burl Mahogany top, rosewood, gold hardware
      S540FM - Flame Maple top, rosewood with oval abalone inlay, chrome hardware
      S540QM - Quilted Maple top, rosewood with pearl dot inlay, chrome hardware

Your S540 is shown to have a retail of $1200. 100% mint value = $750, 98% cond = $625, 95% cond = $575, 90% cond = $500, 80% cond = $450.

What color is yours? What'd you pay? (I paid $750 new w/case in 1996).

And yes, congrats! it is a very nice guitar!

Comment

heya,

i paid 450 for it. its in really good condition except for like 2 small chips along the bottom wing.

You think this guitar would sell for more than what I paid on the bay?

~eric

Comment

Not really, My buddy just got one with the maple board and natural color off of Ebay for like 340.00 shipped. Killer guitar though I'd keep it! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X