X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No More Dan-O Guitars...

Garbage bag ties [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Oh man, I won't be trying THAT one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Did he also use a lamp cord for a guitar cable? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yeah, yeah, the countertop jokes. I'm sure all in fun, but that's part of the Dan-O appeal, that hollow body with plywood sandwiched between two pieces of masonite.

The DC12 is a great 12 string and has lots of jangle. The dial DC model (DC-3?) is waaaay cool too, and I plan on snagging one up soon.

As for the bass, I wouldn't want the body any other way. That bass is lighter than my Surfcaster 6 string by far!

Comment

The Brownsville Thug and Choirboy are of that same construction. For being cheapie guitars, they really do not play that bad...replace the pups with a P-90 or a mini hum, you got a rather cool slide/blues guitar.

Comment

Granted they aren't as cheap as the RI Danos, but the Jerry Jones guitars are a cool alternative. They sell for around $600, but they're made in USA, have some nice features like adjustable saddles, trussrods and some cool switching too.

http://www.jerryjonesguitars.com

[ July 25, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Riscchip ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, my first Fender was a '65 Mustang rewired with lamp wire. I have seen that used in guitars many times since. I must attract these turds.

Comment

Working...
            X