Wayne Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Guitars

Guys there have been some SWEEEET deals on Wayne guitars as of late on da bay. I am tempted to grab another...these are great guitars and while overpriced (IMO) you can snag some good deals on them used.

Anyone else like these or am I alone?
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Wayne Guitars

Never played one .. always been interested form the time I had heard but was unwilling to shell out cash without checking it out... How do the necks compare on these Tracy
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Kev the necks feel good and break in very easily...the neck does feel wider/flatter (just slightly) compared to the Charvel pointies. From my personal experience playing these I prefer the feel of the maple necks, more C shape than the few rosewoods I have played. I favor maples anyway but I gotta say overall I am impressed with the product.
      Again the prices for "new" ones are way high but the last few on ebay warrants a second look, especially if ya can grab one cheap.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

I've been watching these on ebay myself and I'm surprised at the low prices compared to what they cost new. I have yet to play one though. I think they're very beautiful.

Comment

trace, what do you think about the quality consistency? i talked to john about waynes for a bit, and he had mentioned some inconsistent neck profiles, and some pretty craptacular fret work.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

ive played a few & own a Rocklegend. the neck on mine is more rounded in the back than most charvels. much more C shaped than any pointy ive played. supposedly there is some varitation in neck shape from early ones to later ones John would know more about that. mine is #116. be aware I would NOT buy one with out playin it. I tried many at guitar asylum & music zoo, some were not so hot. my major problem is that Wayne uses OFRs on most guitars but he leaves the neck pocket flat. I dont know about U but to find a shim in the neck pocket of a $1500+( i think there more now) guitar pissed me off. DAMN IT WAYNE 1 or 2 degrees of angle in the pocket is all it takes.

Comment

True Sully..I was not overly impressed with some of the newer "monster" series Waynes that I played. The monster series are the lower end guitars. The fret work was a little less than I had expected when I played these.

However, all the higher end ones I played the necks were good and frets great. I played mostly the earlier serial ones and have no beef with them at all..plus for the prices they are going for these days a great bang for the buck on the used ones.

Comment

I own Monster added neck pickup and it sounds great!
                The neck does not play that good(the neck profile is not even close to Old charvel) as Old Charvel necks but it sounds SWEET.
                If you could get one used for around $800-1000, is a great deal.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

They waynes have come down in price used and the bay is a good place... I love my mine .. very high quality guitar from top to bottom

Comment

sorry, i just had breakfast, i don't want any...

[ October 13, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]

Comment

Overpriced, inconsistent quality, poor fretwork and will never retain collectors value like the real thing. I know you like 'em Tracy but I don't understand why anyone likes these guitars. Most of them are copies of Grover Jackson's work and graphics, things that Wayne had nothing to do with. I've owned a couple of Wayne's other guitars from other companies he had(WRC, WC) and they were totally craptacular.

Comment

I have 2 Wayne replacement necks, 1 maple, the other rosewood. I haven't had any fret problems, but I did notice the maple profile was a lot smaller, while the rosewood had a lot more meat to it. Although most of my Charvel and Jackson guitars are this way to. Is there a reason they make the rosewood and ebony necks more meaty? Structural properties of the woods? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

"to" ...I meant too, also..... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a EVH2 rock legend and its amazing. The quality is 100% top notch and the neck feels great.
                            The p'up is hotter than hell and it is a very well balanced instrument.
                            I say pull the trigger if you see one you like on ebay.

Comment

Gotta agree with Greg here.
                              Plus, having played a few, I wouldn't buy one without playing one first.
                              For that type of guitar, your money is WAY better spent on a GMW.

Comment

Working...
                              X