Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's an updated "family pic" of my Deans, including some new additions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here\'s an updated "family pic" of my Deans, including some new additions...

Yes, it really is a small world when doing guitar trades, etc. And BraveDave...I think he owns ALL the black ML Standards that we used to own! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Re: Here\'s an updated &quot;family pic&quot; of my Deans, including some new additions...

awesome dana.... now are you SURE your real name isn't dave hoskins? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Here\'s an updated &quot;family pic&quot; of my Deans, including some new additions...

Dana,
        I used to frequent the Dean forum when I had a Dean collection going. We may have met before. I went by "samthebutcher". I sold the '77 V to Elliott Rubensen that they now refer to as "The Holy Grail" on the website. I also used to have the whole #5 set of TC's. (The ML, the Z and the V!). I only have one Dean now. An '81 V Standard in Braziliaburst. I bought it from Scott Weinrich (Wino from The Obsessed/St.Vitus/Spirit Caravan).
        Oh well, just wondering if we'd met. I think I recognize a couple of people from that forum,as a matter of fact!

Comment

I meant to mention in the last post that I sold my #5 TC V to BraveDave Hoskins himself!

Comment

Are the Dean 79 series any good? I've read they have a qc problem,is that true? How do they compare to the jacksons? All I know is they really look cool and if they are a good guitar for the price I will have to consider buying one of those

Comment

Diff. Strs.,...The compliant that most people seem to have is that the fingerboards have some uneven frets on them and need a dressing to correct the problem. I know had to take mine to a tech to have this done. Another problem is with the top nut, I had mine changed to a Graphite nut and don't have as many tuning problem now. I belive they now come with Graphite nuts.
              Having said that!,...The `79s are not bad guitars for the $, If I were you I'd concider shopping around for a used one tho. I bought mine when they first came out last year around Sept/Oct. and paid almost $600. for it w/ the HSC.! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
              I've been seeing them pop up on ebay for quite a bit cheaper used! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome collection of fantastic looking guitars! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I wonder if I ever will have a colleciton like that...? In my dreams maybe... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anders
                https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Circle of Tyrants...yes, I have heard/seen your name around the Dean forum, but I don't believe we ever met on there. I probably came aboard after you were already gone. Are you keeping the '81 V? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Different Strings...the '79 Series are pretty nice for the money. As MSGfan says, there were a few minor problems. I have 2 of them. The original nuts were crap...really soft plastic. Elliott had mine fixed for me. There also were some problems with off-center fret markers, but to me that is pretty minor. Also, on the V's and ML's, the "V" section of the body is not quite accurate...we call it the "saggy crotch." It's more of a "U" shape. However, that is being corrected right now, and the future '79's will not have this flaw. I paid quite a bit less than MSGfan for my '79's...only $459 each with hardshell case. Great deal, I think. And they feel pretty close to the vintage ones.

Anders...thanks for the nice compliment! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Dana <~~~
                  '85 Rhoads Custom
                  '86 SD Str*t
                  '86 Model 4 (5)
                  '87 Model 1
                  '87 Model 6
                  '88 Model 3DR
                  '90 650 XL
                  '94 KE-3
                  '97 DR Amberburst
                  '97 Dinky BOFlames
                  '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I also would like to add that the Dean`79 series necks have a wider flatter "D" shape to the back of the neck that most of you Charvel/Jackson guys will enjoy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The original and Time capsule series Deans have a rounded over binding on the neck and Ebony fingerboards, while the`79 series have a normal neck binding like a Gibson and a Rosewood fingerboard. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by guitarforceone:
                      [QB] Circle of Tyrants...yes, I have heard/seen your name around the Dean forum, but I don't believe we ever met on there. I probably came aboard after you were already gone. Are you keeping the '81 V?

Dana,
                      Afraid so. Wino is pretty well unheard of by most but he's been one of my favorite musicians since I was about 15. So I guess I'd keep it forever even if it was a piece of junk! Believe it or not, I actually play it alot. It's a great guitar, but not in the best shape so I don't worry about play marks or further wear.

Comment

Always nice to hear from you Dana. You have an inspiring collection of guitars. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

A great shot of those Deans. Especially those two DOA Guitars.

My only complaint: The Silverburst could have used more "fog" area between colours.

They are awesome and I bet they just sustain for years! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X