Hamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer

Has anyone ever played the HAMER Californian series guitars? If so, could I get some opinions please? Thanks

Re: Hamer

Can you be more specific about which Californian Series? I ask this as the current Hamer website only has Californian series as the import version (and those don't look too true to the original CA series). The older USA made ones are very good, with the CA Elite (ebony fingerboard w/boomerang inlays) and the CA Custom (as above but with set-neck) being the best. I have two, and rate their playability & neck shape about equal with my Jackons/Charvels/BC Richs.

Comment

I have two USA Californians. One is a mahogany Elite in Cherry Transparent finish, with neck binding, black hardware, DiMarzio PAF Pro at the bridge and Duncan Parallel Axis Tremstack at the neck. The other is an alder Deluxe in Gold Granite, with gold hardware, EMG 89 at the bridge and EMG SA at the neck.

Great guitars all around, and I'd rate them as equal to any USA Jackson.
      sigpic

Comment

I've owned 4 USA Hamer Californian Elites over the years. Hamer USA makes great guitars of awesome quality. I wouldn't waste any money on any of the imports, though.

Stu

Comment

Chazz,
          Here's an example of the USA ones we were saying are good. Price on this is probably about the norm.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33042

Comment

Working...
          X