Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you, could you, play a Tele? (many pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you, could you, play a Tele? (many pics)

My mother finally finished painting my hollow Tele body 12-string. It's off to Roxy Guitar Finish for the top coat.

I have all the parts:</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Humbucker sized Filtertrons</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">from TV Jones</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dimarzio SH-3 for the middle</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gotoh 12-string bidge</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gotoh mini tuners</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Electrosocket</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Would you, could you, play a Tele? (many pics)

Here's the neck:

- Newc

Comment

That guitar is freakin' SWEET. I'm not big on yellow, maybe I would personally have gone with a green grass/blue sky look to it, but that's just me. I love the way it has characters all the way around the sides of the body as well. That is an odd pickup config for a tele, who made the body? Also, that neck is nothing short of beautiful.

Comment

Your mom painted that! Thats alot of work. it looks good, the flame maple neck and fretboard [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
          That guitar is freakin' SWEET. I'm not big on yellow, maybe I would personally have gone with a green grass/blue sky look to it, but that's just me. I love the way it has characters all the way around the sides of the body as well. That is an odd pickup config for a tele, who made the body? Also, that neck is nothing short of beautiful.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The body was made by USA Custom Guitars - they are a bunch of former Warmoth folks. They make bodies and necks for a LOT of well known builders.

The pickup config was chosen so I could change to just about any config I wanted since I wasn't exactly sure what pickups are going to work best for a 12-string. I figure the Filtertrons are a good place to start.

- Newc

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] That's pretty sweet!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It looks very cool!
              You have a wonderful mother !
              How long did she take to finish the paint?
              [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy sh!t!! What a beast! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Can't wait to see it assembled [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

That thing's sweeter than green eggs & ham! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

VERY VERY COOL.

Gretsch FILTRONS?....if so u may want to check if they fit. filtrons mounting tabs are wider than most pickups & do NOT fit in standard humbucker routes without some mods. BTW if you want another filtron I have a S.Duncan Custom Shop filtron, its slightly hotter than stock , basically its the same pickup they make for Brian Setzer but i got mine with 4 conductor so it can be used series /parrallel or tapped.

Comment

wow, that's awesome!!!! whate medium did she use for paint? acrylic? i'm thinkin of doin a few oddball graphics and i'm collecting info at the moment.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                        VERY VERY COOL.

Gretsch FILTRONS?....if so u may want to check if they fit. filtrons mounting tabs are wider than most pickups & do NOT fit in standard humbucker routes without some mods. BTW if you want another filtron I have a S.Duncan Custom Shop filtron, its slightly hotter than stock , basically its the same pickup they make for Brian Setzer but i got mine with 4 conductor so it can be used series /parrallel or tapped.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, they're made by TV Jones. He makes humbucker sized Filtertrons for retrofitting standard humbucker guitars. So if the Filtertron's don't work out, I can just pop in something else.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                          wow, that's awesome!!!! whate medium did she use for paint? acrylic? i'm thinkin of doin a few oddball graphics and i'm collecting info at the moment.

sully
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was some form of acrylic. I had her talk to Ty at Roxy Guitar Finish to figure out the right stuff.

- Newc

Comment

That looks great, now go and build that fence for your mom! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm looking in the electronics cavity, and it looks to me like that body is a walnut top on mahogany. Is that right? That must have looked nice before it was painted.

However the paint job is great!
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X