• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kramer 1984

very informative, and entertaing!!!! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck.

Ignore some of what I said above, as I was a little pissed.

Don't feel like arguing. I DID assume that chromeguru was saying that he had a "1984" axe, "back in the day", which of course unless he worked for Kramer or Eddie, I'd think it would pretty damm impossible.

Which is why I went off on him.

If he meant he had a Baretta or Pacer, then I appologise to him.

Second I never meant to imply TrillianGuitars didn't know what he was talking about, I'm well aware of his guitars and experience, I merely wanted to get an idea of what his comparisons were based on as his opinion is different from another persons who has a fair bit of knowledge as well.

Go back and read the "Poplar post" again. I never told anyone at anytime that they didn't know what they were talking about.

I was annoyed over some comments that seemed to suggest that someone's idea of what sounded good was better than someone elses.

I don't buy that kind of thinking and never will.

I think you were wrong to attack me, I think it was VERY arrogant to assume that just because I own/like/play imports that I have no valid opinions or experience.

Of course, what I think is just that, an opinion and you have certainly voiced yours.

We don't need to see eye to eye.

I sincerley wish you well in all your endeavours.

Comment

oh i didnt think you were attacking me, but feel free to if you want [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!

OK Dude, you win, jesus just calm down!

Tell ya what: I'll steer clear of you and you do likewise, okey dokey?

Comment

Next post two hours later...

It really is embarassing to be wearing ones emotions on ones sleeve when going through the rollercoaster of emotional swings I am thanks to some very heavy duty medications. I am really sick of this ride, and frankly, I want off now.

2Loud2Old, I am sorry for all the crap I slung at you. I just looked at my other posts yesterday and its obvious I was looking for a fight and was in a mood, but while the rest of you lucky balanced folk get to edit what you say BEFORE you say it, me, it just all comes out.
            I was out of line.

I really need to "get my whole head in front of the shotgun" and just fak off now... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
              The argument that I need to have a closet of US Jacksons is pretty lame, and downright elitest.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">elitist [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thats cool Chuck.

It's already forgotten. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

very entertaining, I dont know sh*t about kramers except i dont really like em, never have probably never will. tho I did like the old nightswans when i played them, plus im a sucker for mahogany bodies

Doug how are the re-issue nightswans??any comparison to the originals, ive always wanted a polkadot blueburst.......i know viv's was actually a Buddy Blaze? but.....

Comment

C'mon guys don't stop now, I just got popcorn and the comfy chair.

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

http://www.musicyo.com/endorse_detai...ea%20Constable

The above link is about a friend of mine's daughter. She lives here in Kingsport where I live. I've known her dad, Greg for years and I actually sold her her first guitar, a black Les Paul Custom that she refuses to let go of!
                      Anyway, she is endorsed by Gibson! She recently played the Ryman auditorium where she met and jammed with her favorite, Steve Morse. Here's a link to that: http://www.allstarguitarnight.com/gu...ht/players.CFM
                      ( I was supposed to go and attend the Nashville NAMM show the next day, but couldn't find a sitter!)
                      Since Gibson owns MusicYo, they in turn own Kramer. They sent Chelsea 2 1984 models, one white, one red. The Gibson shop put jumbo frets on it and a Gibson pickup in it and she ws supposed to play them that night, but opted for that old black LP Custom instead.
                      I got to play those guitars the other day and they SMOKED!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I want one now! I'd say I could get Greg to hook me up with having one sent through the Gibson shop like hers.
                      If you ever get a chance to hear this girl play, you'll be amazed. And trust me, it's just a matter of time 'til you'll hear her somewhere!

Comment

Let me first say this thread is entertaining as all hell! I'm 22 so I'm too young to really remember or have experience the originals but to me it looks cool on the site. I would put some huge frets on there and rout the Floyd so I can pull up and throw a Dimarzio Tone Zone in there (my favorite pu).

Tell me Trillian, if I was gonna go for something inspired by EVH's guitar and get the best quality and such where would you point me?
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I thought she had a Zion Guitars signature model?? I saw her in a Guitar Player from last year.

Comment

She has had everyone throwing guitars at her, including BC Rich, Schecter, and Dean.
                            The Zion thing fell through because he didn't want her to play anything but Zion guitars, including her LP's. The Zion guitar she had was basically just a standard Zion model that had her name silkscreened on the headstock. Since her Peavey amp endorsement, they've been trying to get her to play Peavey guitars as well, but I'd say she'll stay with Gibson.

Comment

That's cool...my old band opened for a band who's guitarist used a Zion...it looked nice but sorta run-of-the-mill to me, but he didn't let me play it. I really hated his Carvin Legacy halfstack though!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X