Snakeskin Chandler Pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakeskin Chandler Pics!!

I finally got it. It is a mid 80's Red Snakeskin Chandler Strat made in San Francisco, CA. It has the Chandler logo in gold on the back of the headstock. Red stretched snakeskin is a very rare graphic for a Chandler. It features an original Gold OFR and original active EMG's. Jumbo frets, a fat beefy neck profile and a a shredders tone to die for make this guitar one kick as$ super strat. It is in 9.0 condition and the tip of the pointy headstock is mint!!! Hope you all like the pics from my fairly crappy digital camera.
    Red Snakeskin Chandler

Re: Snakeskin Chandler Pics!!

Sweet!

By the way, Did you sell the Silverburst Les Paul to pencilsketch?
    I saw the same guitar and the same Link to see his guitar in his post.
    [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

No I didn't. I took the pics for him and I hosted them. It is one sweet Les Paul. Practically mint and it turned the typical greenish hue that they all turn. It has the best clean tone I have ever heard from a Les Paul. He always scores beautiful guitars. It's too bad they don't stay with him for very long but that is his choice. Now back to the Chandler.... If you ever get a chance to play one I would suggest it. They are outstanding guitars.

Comment

Is that a 81 or 85 in the bridge. It looks like a 85. I am trying to figure out which one to put in my GMW.

Comment

It has a 81 in the bridge and an SA in the neck. It is the perfect combination IMHO. From clean to scream with total clarity.

Comment

DAMMIT! Twice in one day... You people need to warn about maximum droolage!! I'll be back, i gotta go change my shirt... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey bro! That electronics cavity cover looks an AWFULLY LOT like a Warmoth. Did you pull the body and neck apart yet?

I'd be curious as to whether that was a Warmoth body or not. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kickaxeguitars:
                Hey bro! That electronics cavity cover looks an AWFULLY LOT like a Warmoth. Did you pull the body and neck apart yet?

I'd be curious as to whether that was a Warmoth body or not. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I didn't take it apart. The guy I bought it from bought it brand new in the mid 80's from Guliano's custom guitars in White Plains, NY.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                  It has a 81 in the bridge and an SA in the neck. It is the perfect combination IMHO. From clean to scream with total clarity.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">CORRECTION!!!! The bridge pickups is a gold logo'd EMG 85 and the neck is a silver logo'd EMG SA.

Comment

So how does the 85 sound in the bridge? I am trying to decide between the 81 or 85 in the bridge position in a GMW that will be completed this week.

Comment

It sounds excellent. The nice thing about the 85 is that it is a little warmer sounding than the 81 IMHO. I am pretty sure that it is the same as the 89 except it isn't tappable. I have found the 81 to be a little brittle and trebly sounding on some guitars. The 85 sounds good in just about any guitar and when in the middle position with the SA it achieves a really nice clean strat type tone.

Comment

That's one KILLER axe brother!!!
                        Love the snake skin graffic!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, I have been trying to score this guitar for years from its original owner. Finally I succeeded!!!

Comment

Mmmm, snakeskin! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I've got a project body to work on soon that's going to be a gray and blue snakeskin (almost like a sunburst finish with the gray in the middle and getting darker and more blue around the edges).
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sweet snakeskin i like how they did the belly wide scales. & did u get a chance to check the body yet. im not up on chandlers but most ive seen had a control route like SD C/Js. plus if it was factory guitar wouldnt the logo be on the front of the headstock not the back. I ask because i think guiliano customs made that guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X