Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPC Standard...

http://www.guitarpunk.com/

Have any of you guys played/owned one of these? I like how the old Mosrites look, but I saw a few at a guitar show over the weekend and they are mega expensive. I figure with a set of new pickups and tuners this might be a nice guitar....

Re: GPC Standard...

It would be a decent guitar but those prices are nutty for a no-name guitar. I would consider snatching a used one up for like $150-200 and modding it.

I love the look of the ole mosrites and epiphone olympics myself!

Comment

Epiphone Olympics...Mosrite Copies? I think Kurt Cobain played those before Nirvana got real big, along with Univox Mosrite Copies as well. Of course the ultimate Mosrite would be the Ventures II, like Johnny Ramone played [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt those Olympics were copies of Mosrites. We're talking mid 60's American made guitars - I think the Japanese copy sensation started around that time, or shortly after. They do have the same vibe

One guy that's using them currently is Strings from the Hellacopters. And Nicke (ex drummer of Entombed) is using a custom left-handed copy of an Olympic. He used to play Mosrites before.

Comment

those (IN THE PIC ABOVE)look like epiphone dwights or coronets, which are the same guitars with different headstocks. I believe the dwight is the 6 inline the coronet is 3 on side.

the web site are much more mosrite looking. the epi & mosrites were not copies of each other & are actually very different from each other.

Comment

Ok....I will try and find a pic of the Epiphones that I was talking about...those guitars look alright though. Not really Mosrite like, but hey.

Comment

Originally posted by jamie:
              those (IN THE PIC ABOVE)look like epiphone dwights or coronets, which are the same guitars with different headstocks. I believe the dwight is the 6 inline the coronet is 3 on side.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did a bit more research and the actual name of the models pictured above appears to be Epiphone Wilshire. They all share the same body, the model names seem to denote the various bridge/pu configs

Wilshire:

Coronet Dwight:

Coronet:

Olympic:

Comment

Working...
              X