Project guitar complete (mostly) - pics inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project guitar complete (mostly) - pics inside

I've been working on a parts Strat for a while now. It started off as a hollow body Strat that I bought parts for. But it was an AllParts body and the neck pocket was too big - I tried four necks in it and every single neck I put in the pocket had about a heavy pick's worth of wiggle room side to side. Seeing as I had a nice rosewood neck and really nice hardware I just decided to get another body.

All I have to do is get out the soldering iron and wire the darn thing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The technical particulars:</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">mahogany body from Warmoth's thrift shop which was pretty light finished with a few coats of tung oil</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">one piece rosewood neck w/jumbo frets and shell inlay dots on the fingerboard - I left it unfinished</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lace Chrome Dome pickups</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gotoh Wilkinson vintage-style Strat bridge</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gotoh locking Kluson tuners</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Graphtech nut and string tree</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Electrosocket jack</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool knobs with shell tops</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

more pictures:

neck front
    pickups/bridge up close
    body front
    body back
    neck back
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc
Working...
X